TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kyleg Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kyle

I feel like im all alone, at the time when i need help the most - October 13th 2009, 08:01 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

"I feel like i wanna just grow wings, fly away, and start my life over"
today was one of the worst days of my life, for some of you who may read this you might think im crazy, but i feel like i need people to talk to right now, i cant stand being alone anymore. but first i need to get some things off my chest.

I hate my life currently, and practically everything about it sucks. i graduated high school with an embarrassing 2.7 gpa, and shortly after under the influence of my family and parents i decided to join pierce college, i feel like i dont belong, im already having a hard time in my classes and i feel like there is no one there to help me. the degree i decided i want to get isnt offered anymore, and i feel like im running in circles. when i got my first scores back for my business law test i felt ashamed, it was even worse because i studied hard and tried my best but still only got a c-, geting this c- just reminded me of how much unaccomplished i feel in life, i feel like ive got nothing, the only person i could trust and talk to is my best friend in the world and he is mormon and just left for his mission, he was one of the only people i had to talk about problems with, and now that he is gone i feel like i just dont want live anymore. i sometimes have thoughts of suicide, but mostly i wonder what my life would be like under different circumstances, like if i never attended college, or i got a job and moved to a different state away from everything!! strangly enough the only good thing about this day right now is the lunch im eating, i feel like idk what im doing, i cant stand it, i dont even know what im saying right now, honestly i just feel ashamed and emotionally depressed all the time. I feel like even typing all this didnt do anything because their is just so many things i hate about my life that i cant fit it all onto this message, plz somebody help me, i need someone who i can talk to about my problems

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: I feel like im all alone, at the time when i need help the most - October 13th 2009, 08:09 PM

Don't put so much pressure on yourself. ok you got a c- maybe you need to try a different study method. Couldnt you talk to your parents about how you feel? If not I am always here if you need someone to chat to. Also if the school your at now doesnt offer the degree you want to do couldnt you change school's so you can study what you want? somtimes taking a break from school can be a good thing. I took a few years of school now that I am back i can focus better. Maybe if you got a job and left school just for a bit you maybe able to re focus your life so that when you go back you feel better and are thinking more clearly. Like I said before I am always here if you need to chat just pm me.
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Larrinda Offline
Average Joe

Name: Larri :)

Re: I feel like im all alone, at the time when i need help the most - October 14th 2009, 02:13 AM

Although I am still in high school I understand what its like to feel pressure to succeed. I go to a 16,000 dollar boarding school. Last year was my first year and I seriously passed all my classes with D's I felt like a failure. My whole family made me feel like crap about it but my grandma. She told me that she was proud of me and that she knew I would get them up. She died about two months before the school year ended and by the last day of school I had no D's. All C's.

You have to work hard for you Kyle. Or someone that means alot to you.
Not to sound cheesy but I think that you can do it,. Just push yourself.
But when you reach a breaking point dont overwhelm yourself give yourself a break.
I believe in you.

You can talk to me about anything anytime!

Oh and I like in Washington State

"My life is like a rolling river
So muddy and absurd
And although I might be mistaken
I know that Iíll be heard
And I find the second I try to pull away
Iím thrown back in line
All this time"

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I feel like im all alone, at the time when i need help the most - October 14th 2009, 02:35 AM

Hey there,

I want you to know that things will be okay. I know it might not seem like it now but with time things will improve.

You know, the transition from high school to college can be a difficult one and sometimes people do not do as good as they think they could. The tests in college are usually a lot more difficult than those tests in high school.

Something you should take into consideration is the average of your class. Right now it might seem like a C- is really bad but in reality it might be good compared to the other students in your class.

Since you are so worried about it why don't you go and talk to your professor and ask him what you can do to improve your next score. I am sure the professor would be willing to asses your grade and help you figure out what you can do better next time.

Now, I think that you should consider talking to someone about the way you are feeling. The thing is that you do not have to feel this way and talking to someone might help.

I know at most colleges they offer free counseling services and I think it would be great if you went and took part in a few counseling sessions. It might help you get a better perspective on the things that are going on in life.

Please hang in there because things will get better. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread