TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hasletgo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

gave up. - October 17th 2009, 12:41 PM

today's another depressing day. i don't have anyone to vent to, so i guess i'll vent over here. as of now, i'm all alone in a house, my parents are away, and i'm just down. i can't exactly pinpoint why i'm depressed. maybe it's because i'm alone. or maybe it's because i don't feel good enough for anyone. i look around and i see all these happy, content teenagers, and then i shift back to myself and think about what went wrong. i've tried to cheer myself up throughout the day but nothing seemed to work. i practically spent the whole day lying in bed because i was upset. tomorrow, i'll also end up spending the day alone. goddamn, i give up.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: gave up. - October 17th 2009, 09:08 PM

I can imagine it's harder to do than to say, but really, I've never gotten any piece of advice or encouragement that wasn't. Try to get out of bed. Clear your head. Go outside, soak up the sun (I believe it to make people happy). Smell the roses. You have time to do these things, and I think you should do it. I also know it sounds crazy, but sometimes, it helps to have a routine..some sort of regimen on the weekends. Are you religious? Sunday is a good day for church activities, if so. If not, maybe go for a walk/a run? I don't know if these things will actually help as I'm a teenager..a student, studying in college, and not nearly a professional, but I think they're worth a try. You need to put what you're going through in a more capable pair of hands than just people across the internet - there's so many different types of therapy worth trying - behavioural, cognitive-behavioural, medicinal, so much out there for you.

I think one of the most unproductive things we do is compare ourselves to others...yet we all do it? It's like a vicious, cycling part of human nature. But if you are able to take it upon yourself to focus the energy you would spend comparing yourself to others and just focus it on making yourself the best person you can be, I know things will start to improve.

Life is hard...it is. But I also think it's beautiful, and I think that the end result is worth so much more than we can even fathom. You have a beautiful heart, and your story matters - I hope things work out for you.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
scubagirl2336 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: gave up. - October 17th 2009, 09:11 PM

wow. That's me in a nutshell.. I know you'd never believe someone when they say I know how you feel, but wow... i know how you feel. I'm at home alone, spent the day in bed being depressed and constantly wonder what's wrong with me that I can't be happy like everyone else seems to be. The ony consolation I can give you is your not alone. Don't give up though, (ha I should say that to myself!) If you need to talk I understand. It's eaiser to talk to a stranger than anyone else.

Closed Thread