TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nifty.
Not a n00b

Name: Mina.

What to doo. - October 18th 2009, 08:14 PM

I've been very depressed lately, and nothing seems to make it go away. Usually I have my ups and downs, which I can handle, but I feel helpless now. I think I should be hospitalized, for suicide prevention. And fast. I cut, and I hadn't for a long time and I popped pills, trying to find some kind of happpiness. The only problem is telling my parents. And my dachshund, which is my baby, is very sick, and has to be monitored the next month and can't jump, because her back might break. Oh, and I've already missed too many days of school, so I have to make them up. And if I miss more then 8, I fail. Every class. I don't know what to do. I could probably just pop pills every day and I'd be good, but I'm trying to quit, and when I'm coming down I'm depressed and suicidal all over again, AND I feel like a failure. So it's worse. And my mom's really sick, she just came out of a coma, and probably not making it; so I don't want to stress my dad out more. She can't remember anything and she can't walk, and she's having seizures and it's just not good. My boyfriend can usually make me feel better, but I'm grounded and not allowed to see him. So, I only see him at school and talk online. I just don't know what to do. I feel like I'm drifting, and me being here is just pointless. Nothing feels the same.

---
Originally joined;; October 2007.

Just one kiss and I'm alive,
One kiss and I'm ready to diee.
'Cause you're so beautiful.

Send a message via AIM to brokenwingedthing Send a message via MSN to brokenwingedthing Send a message via Yahoo to brokenwingedthing  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: What to doo. - October 21st 2009, 02:40 PM

Hey there,

I'm so, so sorry that things aren't going so well for you right now. First of all, I want to say that I'm so glad that you recognize that you're needing some help right now - I urge you to SEEK help while you still are realizing that there's something wrong. [: Try calling a hotline number - a fairly large list can be found here - [http://www.teenhelp.org/hotlines]. They can give you some direction about taking the next step and where to go from here and all of that good stuff.

Just know that there are so many types of therapy out there for you, and hopefully, your therapist will work with you to try something - medicinal, if you want that, or behavioural, cognitive behavioural, or just whatever until you find something that will start helping you to help yourself (since I believe that's ultimately what therapy is designed to do).

In the meantime, just really try to hang in there and know that for this down, there's eventually going to be an up to follow. Keep your chin up - I'll be thinking of and praying for (since I've been getting back into the habit of that lately - o_o) you. [: Take good care of yourself.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
Closed Thread