TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mr_null Offline
Formerly known as mr_null
Average Joe

Starting to get daily panic attacks - October 22nd 2009, 11:12 PM

I can't stand my parents, living at home makes me crazy. I've started having what feels like panic attacks (claustrophobia, sense of hopelessness and panic, trouble breathing) almost every day for two weeks now, ever since I first broke down and told my parents that I can't stand living with them. They've agreed to help me out financially until I can get started living on my own, but I feel so unstable most of the time that going to work and apartment hunting is getting to be pretty difficult.

I feel totally confident and sane when I've had a few days away from my parents, I just need to get a place so I can be away from them, and everything will be fine, but in the mean time I'm finding it so hard to keep it together enough to go to work and to keep hunting for apartments. I don't know what to do, I only feel calm when I'm high or when I'm hanging out with close friends, although my close friends are in university and are generally unable to hang out much.

I'm going fucking insane! I can't take it anymore.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Starting to get daily panic attacks - October 23rd 2009, 12:44 PM

Hey there.
Im sorry to hear that you're going through a hard time at the moment. I stuggle with anxiety which causes me to have panic attacks. I use to have around eight a day, now i dont have them so often. You need to find something which you can do which will help you relax and calm down. Everyone has differents strategies. You need to find something which suits you. Maybe reading, haveing a bath, doing exersize etc.
Your going to have to learn to cope living with you're parents until you can move out on your own. Just try somewhere as soon as you can. In the meantime, if its getting to you badly and making you feel low, maybe you need to talk to someone about it or see your doctor. Im sure they're are plenty of people who will want to be there for you.
If you ever need anyone, im here. Send me a message anytime.
-Jess xo

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lorelei Offline
Resident Nerd
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Re: Starting to get daily panic attacks - October 23rd 2009, 09:25 PM

Hey there. I get anxiety attacks, so I see how difficult your situation is.

All I can recommend to you is that you keep working, keep saving money, and remember that you won't be living with your parents forever. Like Jess said, maybe you can find something healthy to do like reading/exercising/drawing or whatever. When I'm on edge, I cook, listen to music, or read and it usually helps to occupy my mind so that I can think about whatever issue is bothering me later, when my head is clear.

Good luck apartment hunting!

"How dare I? Because it is the truth." -Jane Eyre

"You do what you love, and f#%* the rest." -Little Miss Sunshine

Closed Thread