TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kyesia

my life officially has no meaning now - October 29th 2009, 04:45 PM

Well, I went to my advisor this morning to see what other courses I needed to take for next semester, and she basically told me I needed to find another major. First of all my major was nursing. I already knew I wasnt smart enough to get into the nursing program at my university...or any university for that matter, but to just hear it out loud just crushed all my hopes and dreams. I can only see myself doing one thing, helping people, to take away their pain. I wanted to become a nurse anesthesis, but I guess I have to be realistic huh?? They take students with high GPAs like 3.9 and4.0, why on earth would they even glance twice at my pathetic GPA?!?! It is understandable though. Would you want a stupid idiot giving you anesthesia?!?! Didnt think so. But I just dont see any point in living anymore. I dont know what to do with my life. I need to have a college education, unless I want to work at a fast food restaurant for the rest of my life...and I dont. I like to travel and see different things. My parents grew up with little and now they are "financially stable" lol. And now with me Im going to go from "financially stable" to nothing, and Im only 20. I realy dont know what to do. I will never amount to anything, so why am I still trying to do anything with my life anymore?? Im just wasting my parent's hard earned money...at least my little brother has a chance of being someone in this world. I pray that he doesnt follow in my footsteps.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
JackOffJill Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karyn

Re: my life officially has no meaning now - October 29th 2009, 06:01 PM

I know how hard it is to have people tell you that you can not do what you want to. I suffer from social anxiety, yet I am majoring in social work. I had professors tell me all the time that someone like me shouldnt be a social worker. But I refuse to let them take that dream from me and I am determined to make it a reality. Yes my anxiety gets in the way and all, but it wont prevent me from being able to help people.
Maybe if you do not think that you have a chance at nursing because of your grades, maybe you can change your major to something else so that you can help people. It sounds like you want to prevent people from being in pain- have you thought about social work? Basically you can do anything with a social work degree and the programs are not as tough as nursing programs. Maybe looking into a different major is one possibility. if that is not something that you want to do- then maybe you can talk to your adviser about what you can do to improve your gpa. I know that right now it is very difficult but if you want something bad enough in life, i believe that you can find out a way to achieve your dreams.
  Send a message via AIM to JackOffJill  
Closed Thread