TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jennifer

i feel like... - November 1st 2009, 12:13 AM

i basically feel like i'm stuck in a life i can't be happy in. my friends think i'm lying about my feelings, my parents aren't helping me (they've only sent me to a doctor), and i just feel like i want to give up.... i think about suicide all the time, and i still wonder how i'm still alive, even when i've started giving up. i also think about leaving home all the time... i can't stay here anymore...
i don't know what i want to do anymore... the only thing i know i want to do is play and/or sing music... help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: i feel like... - November 1st 2009, 12:38 AM

Hey there.
Im sorry to hear you're feeling this way. Its a horrible place for anyone to be in life feeling this way.

May i ask you why you're friends think you are lying about the way you feel? I dont know why they would think this. Have you spoken to them about it and how them saying this is making you feel? If not maybe you should talk to them and explain what is going on and how they are making you feel. How 'ever, if they carry on this way, maybe you need to question if they are friends. Should friends treat you this way? Sometimes we have to leave people behind. Your friends should be people who beleive you, especially when it comes to situatuions like these.

Your parents tried to help you by getting you to see a doctor. I know it may feel like they arn't helping, but if they did not care, they wouldn't have involved a doctor. Sometimes when a parent's child is going through what you are going through, they find it hard to understand and sometimes dont really want to believe that their child is hurting so much, but inside they're dying to see you happy again. Maybe you can talk to them about this too? Dont feel like they dont care because im sure they do, they just find it hard to show it.

Did seeing your doctor help? If not maybe you need to see him/her again. Its not far on you to feel this way inyourself and about life. You can't live everyday thinking of suicide, it doesn't work. And yes fighting it is going to be hard and one hell of a ride, but that does not meant that you can not beat it. You can get through this. Try talking to people and try and reach out for help. Im sure they're are plenty of people who would love to help and support you thought this.

Im always here if you need anthing. Take care of yourself
Jess x

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

Closed Thread