TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
michaell Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Michael

why is no one answering my posts - January 7th 2010, 08:48 PM

i dont know if i am depressed or not. i dont have any close friends. i dont do anything with anyone on the weekends , i dont talk at school. i try to make friends but i usually fail. i have lately been feeling "blah" and tired or lonely. i dont have much motivation , i just want to put my head down or sleep. i get ignored a lot too, i will try to be nice (if i open the door for someone i will usually get no response ). i hate seeing people in a group of friends, holding hands ,going to movies together, etc. i feel so tired and "hell with it all" that i sometimes am tempted to just lay on the floor in public or at school.

michael -age 17

(#2 (permalink)) Old
JustJosh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Josh

Re: why is no one answering my posts - January 7th 2010, 08:52 PM

Hi Micheal, I'm Josh, I Sometimes feel the same way to, I'd open doors for people and they'd just ignore me, I wouldn't even get a thank you or so much as a smile. Then I stopped caring about what other people thought, I started thinking about myself, my confidence soared, yes it makes me sound mean, but I Finally had freinds, i could talk to people. I Think my advice for you would be if your feeling sad and tired all the time, is to go and see your GP. Tell him or her your feelings the way your feeling with the tiredness, your Gp will be able to sort something out for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: Jessi

Re: why is no one answering my posts - January 8th 2010, 01:49 AM

Hey Michael,

It sounds to me that you might just be struggling with feeling lonely and depressed, rather than the disorder "depression". However, that does not mean that these feelings are not valid; they can be just as difficult to cope with, and deserve the same amount of attention and help.

Is there anyone in your life that you could talk to about how you are feeling? A family member or a teacher, maybe? It's important not to bottle up these feelings, as that will only make you feel worse. You could always write a letter or an e-mail to someone, as a way to get the conversation started.

Try your best to find new, creative ways to make friends; this isn't always easy, but once you get the hang of it, it's worth it! Joining an extracarricular activity, such as theatre or sports, is a great way to bond with others and make lasting friendships. You could also join clubs outside of school, such as Boy Scouts or taking some sort of class. I think that once you get more social stimulation, you will be able to start feeling better.

Take care. If you need anything else, just let me know!

[/url]
"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Through-Glass  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
fall to romance Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brittany

Re: why is no one answering my posts - January 8th 2010, 02:01 AM

Hey Michael! I'm sorry no one's been replying.

It does sound to me as though you've got a few symptoms of mild depression, but please don't feel like you need to be worried about it. We all feel that way more often than not.

It sounds as though I'm a lot like you. I've never really had any friends. Most people made fun of me. Even my own family to this day belittles everything I do or say. They're even constantly telling me I'm fat and ugly. Like you, I often find myself feeling annoyed or angry towards groups of friends or people holding hands. I'm 19 and never even dated. My transition to college made me leave behind my only two friends in my hometown 100 miles away. I try to make friends in my classes in college, but I've been unsuccessful in my year and a half there...until recently when I made friends with someone I work with. All I have to say is just keep being friendly towards people. Don't be afraid to show people who you really are. It sounds to me as though you're a fantastic guy, so let your personality show! In the meantime, find something you love to fend off the feelings of depression. For me, that means listening to music, writing, and drawing. If you focus all your negative emotions into an activity, it'll be very therapeutical.

And if you ever want a friend to talk to, you can always send me a message. I always check my mail.

-B
--

R.I.P. my sweet baby boy. I miss you so much more than you could have ever imagined.

"There was a moment in my life when I really wanted to kill myself. And there was one other moment when I was close to that. . . . But even in my most jaded times, I had some hope.-Gerard Way

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Crescendo Offline
Walking The Line
Junior TeenHelper

Name: ...

Re: why is no one answering my posts - January 8th 2010, 04:15 PM

just wanted to encourage you to reach out for help to people in your life because it sounds like you may have a mental illness such as Depression. Many Mental illnesses like depression are treatable with medication, therapy, and lifestyle changes such as eating balanced meals and getting enough sleep. It is however very very hard to go it alone. Your life is valuable, and with treatment things CAN get better.

Ask yourself "If I was happy, how would life be different than it is now?" It may be hard to imagine if you've been in emotional pain for a long time, but try to write as much as you can about what your life would be like. Then try to pick out the things in your "happy" life that you actually have control over and can work towards. Something like winning the lottery isn't realistic, but there are probably going to be several things that you do have control over. Make them specific and realistic goals.

You're NOT alone.
Megan

When the patient's body has betrayed them,
and all the sciencewe have to offer has failed them,
when worst-case scenario comes true,
clinging to hope is all we've got left.
-grey's.anatomy-

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: why is no one answering my posts - January 10th 2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall to romance View Post
.......All I have to say is just keep being friendly towards people. Don't be afraid to show people who you really are. It sounds to me as though you're a fantastic guy, so let your personality show! In the meantime, find something you love to fend off the feelings of depression. .........

Hello there Michael. Sorry for what has been happening. Brittany -if I may- said it well. Just keep being friendly. And also, if you are naturally outgoing, don't stop. Go to movies you want to see. If you stop living your life then you will never make those friends you seek to make.

Last edited by Jacksonian; January 10th 2010 at 10:44 PM. Reason: correction + addition

Closed Thread