TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DanceInTheDark Offline
GaGa Fan <3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Life Sucks :( - January 8th 2010, 10:46 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Well, this is kinda my first post in a while, my old username was Swiftx but I figured it was time for a change, and I wanted a different name.

I hate life, I have been in a relationship for about 1yr and a half now and for the past month or so, we haven't been doing so well (on top of that it was a long distance relationship). But it finally came down to us breaking up today, although I didn't want it to end, but they found someone else so now I have no one left, my family doesn't care..my dad's gone (suicide), I have no friends because of my social anxiety, its horrible. i'm ready to just be done with life im so sick of it, everything always seems to turn out horribly for me.

I want to just end it now, I see no point in moving any further, my social anxiety it just to the point, where I don't even want to leave the house. I hate it! I really do

Thanks for listening guys..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
J4K3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jake

Re: Life Sucks :( - January 8th 2010, 10:54 PM

Life is what you make it.. Put the work in and your rewarded.. life doesnt suck... life is great... smile... it goes a long way

Send a message via MSN to J4K3  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Life Sucks :( - January 8th 2010, 10:57 PM

Hi, I'm so sorry that you feel that way about life. It's really sad that you don't want to carry on.

But you know what? You are so strong, you were directly affected by suicide, and that is so so hard to have to go through, you lived through it though, you have also had to live with social anxiety, and that can be a real nuisance. If you can live through them, try not to let this relationship break-up get you down. I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out, and break-ups can be devastating for people. But one day, some nice person will come along, and things will start looking up for you.

These horrible things in life are temporary, suicide is permanent. That's how I always think of it.

Remember, there are heaps of people out there that can help you. It's good you posted on here to ask for help! It's brave for anyone to do that! You can also go to counsellors, they will be able to help you as well.

I really hope things do get better for you soon, if you want, you can PM me anytime!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Crescendo Offline
Walking The Line
Junior TeenHelper

Name: ...

Re: Life Sucks :( - January 9th 2010, 02:55 PM

just wanted to encourage you to reach out for help to people in your life because it sounds like you may have a mental illness such as Depression. Many Mental illnesses like depression are treatable with medication, therapy, and lifestyle changes such as eating balanced meals and getting enough sleep. It is however very very hard to go it alone. Your life is valuable, and with treatment things CAN get better.

having someone you really care about push you away is a heart breaking loss. I get really attached to people and they become my whole world. when they push me away i feel like theres no point in going on. I know what it feels like to feel like your world has fallen to pieces, like you will never be able to let of your loss. Chances are if you get support in time things will slowly get easier to deal with. one day you'll look up and realize "woah, i forgot about E for 15 minutes." and eventually you will go days, even weeks at a time.

the only thing you can count on is change, so why don't you stick around? This too shall pass. Things get better, things get worse, but it won't be this way for ever. Don't be afraid to ask for help. your life is valuable.

Megan

When the patient's body has betrayed them,
and all the sciencewe have to offer has failed them,
when worst-case scenario comes true,
clinging to hope is all we've got left.
-grey's.anatomy-

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Life Sucks :( - January 10th 2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4K3 View Post
Life is what you make it.. Put the work in and your rewarded.. life doesnt suck... life is great... smile... it goes a long way
Hey there. J4K3 is right. Don't let your social anxiety control you. Take control and decide to no longer be afraid. It will take time but if you decide to it shall be done. Take back control and slowly start enjoying it.

Closed Thread