TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xXwhispersXx652 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mike

Why..? - January 16th 2010, 01:53 PM

I've been in love with this girl for around 3 years now, and I simply can't get over her.

She's broken a lot of promises to me, and says she cares for me, but the way she acts makes me feel that she doesn't.

I need her to be healthy, happy, and to be able to enjoy herself, but the way she does that is driving me crazy. She use to drink and I would get really worked up over it because I kept thinking about what someone could try and do to her..

Then she slept around with two other guys. We aren't together, though I'd like to be, and I know I have no right to feel this way, but I can't help that I do.

She recently smoked weed with some of her dumbfuck friends, and I'm not sure what to do anymore. I want to leave and just forget her because she doesn't want me here; but I can't because it just gets me so damn depressed that I consider suicide when I try.

I don't know how to move on from this, and I really wish she would stop making such poor choices in life..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Crescendo Offline
Walking The Line
Junior TeenHelper

Name: ...

Re: Why..? - January 16th 2010, 02:08 PM

ending a relationship with someone you really care about is a heart breaking loss. I get really attached to people and they become my whole world. when the relationship ends i feel like theres no point in going on. I know what it feels like to feel like your world has fallen to pieces, like you will never be able to let of your loss. Chances are if you get support in time things will slowly get easier to deal with. one day you'll look up and realize "woah, i forgot about E for 15 minutes." and eventually you will go days, even weeks at a time.

If your feeling depressed is getting in the way of your daily life, try talking to a doctor or counselor. You may have Depression, which is very hard to go through alone.

You're NOT alone.

Megan

When the patient's body has betrayed them,
and all the sciencewe have to offer has failed them,
when worst-case scenario comes true,
clinging to hope is all we've got left.
-grey's.anatomy-

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lea-x-fallen Offline
.just me.
Average Joe

Name: leanne
Location: in my mind, england, sunny side down, raining side up

Re: Why..? - January 16th 2010, 03:46 PM

its hard when yr friends do stupid stuff, but the hard thing to really remember is you can't stop them. tell them how you feel, it might help them then to understand how what they are doing is effecting you. one of my friends is 12 and she has been drinking since she was 11, i cant stop her, i can only tell her how i want her to not drink so much, she does listen to me. talk to her about what she's done, but don't patrnosie her, tell her you just want the best for her. well thats all i can really say.

or if you have a good friend thats been through something like she has get them to talk to her.. well good luck.

leave me alone i'm not an angel

and i know i'm losing my mind for no real gain

<if you want to get out alive, run for your life>

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: Why..? - January 17th 2010, 05:21 AM

Try talking to her and telling her how you feel. If she won't listen and still continues to behave in this way, then it might be best to just forget about her. I know easier said then done. But maybe she's not worth it.

Good luck with everything. I hope she sorts herself out. I'm here if you ever want to talk. Take care.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Letís make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Why..? - January 18th 2010, 06:46 AM

Mike,

this girl is clearly the wrong choice.. (i hate to say it but it seems that way ) a lot of people drink and stuff . and the thing is that its normal to drink in some way.. but what i think is the main matter here is the way she's treating you. If she treats promises to you like those promises weren't even made, then she essentially isn't considering your feelings. and that makes her the wrong choice because there are clearly other better girls out there who will think of your feelings a lot and do everything they can to take care of them .

And just to clarify, You are a great, great guy and this is absolutely none of your fault.. you're the good influence in this

i think that if you want her to change, you should advice her in a more subtle way.. and maybe write notes and stuff (leave these notes anonymous.. anonymous notes have high powers of persuasion ) . i guess i might be crazy to say that, but i get the feeling somehow that might work.

i know you are a caring person, and that makes any girl who has the chance to meet and have a relationship with you, a very lucky princess indeed don't let this bother you too much in the negative way.. you are definitely a great person. never forget that !

it is really nice of you to try to help her.. this makes you very compassionate. and that is something for you to be proud of.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Why..? - January 21st 2010, 03:02 AM

Clearly the way you feel for her isn't the way she feels for you. She is the wrong choice for you. Move past her. But I do advise to keep watch on her, if she does something which will only hurt her, then protect her but REMEMBER she doesn't see you the way you see her.

Along the road you will find someone who sees you the way you see her, so keep your eyes open.

Closed Thread