TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ImaginedReality Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

feel so worthless - January 17th 2010, 04:23 AM

This is hard to talk about. i feel so lost. i hate the way i am, the way i look...i cant even look in the mirror, it makes me want to throw up. everything about me is screwed up and i cant fix it, it just gets worse and worse. i always have to act fake and happy around people cause they wont like me if im myself. i cant get close to anyone cause im too afraid
why should anyone like me anyway? I can never be happy and normal like everyone else. my anxiety also makes me scared all the time which makes everything worse. sorry this is long, i feel so stupid

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: feel so worthless - January 17th 2010, 04:44 AM

Left me start off by saying that you aren't worthless or stupid at all. I'm sure you don't look that bad. Everyone is beautiful in there own way and don't worry about being normal because there really is no such thing. Eveyone is different.

Maybe you should try talking to someone you trust about how your feeling? It might make you feel better and you could get some help, if you think you need it. You shouldn't have to deal with this on your own.

Take care and feel free to PM/VM me anytime if you want to talk.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Letís make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

Re: feel so worthless - January 17th 2010, 05:07 AM

Hi Sabrina.
I just want to let you know that I completely agree with what Megan said. There is beauty in everyone. Especially you. I'm sorry that you are feeling low and lost right now. I want you to know that if you are fake around people, it isn't helping you. I know it might seem like it is, but what friendships last that start out based on lies? You are pretending to be something your not and you cannot find true friends that way hun. If you want people you can get close to who can help you get over this rough patch in ur life, which is what it is. It is just a bump in the road of ur life. But, if you do want people you can get close to, you need to try and open up and be true to yourself. Wear your heart on ur sleve. The saying, those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind is completly true. If ur friends or people your close to care that you have anxiety, they aren;t true friends. You need to find people who are accepting of your anxiety and are willing to help.
Also, Sabrina, it may be a good idea to try and reach out to a Dr of therapist about the fact that you feel you can never be happy. Depression, or even anxiety, can be worked out and helped through therapy and maybe medication. Getting help is not a sing of weakness. It is a sign that your accpeting that you have a problem. Admitting it is, of course the hardest step, but you can do it. I have faith in you. =)
If you ever need to talk feel free to PM me. I'd love to help you out.
Take care.

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before itís too late
I canít turn that clock back around
On what youíre dreaming about
You better do it now, donít wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  Send a message via MSN to *~Circus Clown~*  
Closed Thread