TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ac2 Offline
Not a n00b

Great timing as usual - January 20th 2010, 12:44 AM

Every time I get so depressed, I try and try to just wait one more day before I break into self harming again and usually it will work for a few days to a week, sometimes even more and the depression will pass but I will always get to breaking point when it comes to gym day. It is probably due to the fact that I have to gear myself up for the idea of getting changed and being in gym clothes around people I don't usually hang out with or general see, but I am at that point now where I feel in need for self harm, as pathetic as it sounds, I am actually shaking from not knowing what to do. I know the right thing is to not hurt myself and I will definitely know tomorrow that is the right thing to do. But some part of me inside just wants to do it, just get it over with and stop all of this stress and anxiety. What's worse is I know I have the perfect long sleeve top that is allowed under gym clothes. I'm trying so hard to sleep the feeling off but I can't get comfy because I know I want to do it at the same time as knowing I am going to regret it tomorrow. I hate this.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
jinxed angel Offline
Helplessy Hopeless
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Siera

Re: Great timing as usual - January 20th 2010, 03:15 AM

I know how hard it can get, but you can hold on. Keep reminding yourself that you will regret it tomorrow, and maybe try some of the alternatives for self harm. Try to think about 5 good things about your life, and keep yourself going. I am here if you need me, just leave me a pm or vm.

~Siera

I'm so tired of pretending everything's okay, my tears are starting to show and my smile is fading away.
PM or VM me if you need me, I'm here if you need someone to talk to or to just listen. I also have most messangers if you want to talk on one of those.

Send a message via AIM to jinxed angel Send a message via MSN to jinxed angel Send a message via Yahoo to jinxed angel  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Great timing as usual - January 23rd 2010, 02:30 AM

Hey there. I know exactly how you feel because I have had these feelings. First off don't get nervous, there is nothing to be nervous about. Nothing. Just mind your own business and let them mind theirs. Secondly don't be anxious. Just because you don't hang out with them doesn't mean you should be stressed about changing into other clothes. Don't be nervous, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Closed Thread