TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ifeellost1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Help please - January 22nd 2010, 03:04 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I feel like everything is just falling apart on me. I lost my job and I can't find a new one. I need money. I hate using my parents. Its hurting them too. My boyfriend and I constantly fight and argue. Everyone talks about me. I feel like a COMPLETE and UTTER failure. I have no clue what to do. I try and talk to my friends and they are there but once we stop, all the thoughts come back. HELP

(#2 (permalink)) Old
thisiscourtney Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: Help please - January 22nd 2010, 04:06 AM

First of all, don't pay attention to the people talking about you. Of course, people are going to make assumptions and totally over-dramaticize every little piece of information they can find out, but you have to learn to tune them out. It doesn't matter what they say. What matters is that you're planning on fixing everything else to make you happier.

I'd say continue to look for jobs. Post ads online for babysitting or whatever you can do, or reply to other ads that are searching for people. If you get really desperate, sell some stuff.

As for the relationship, don't you think getting out of it would ease some stress? Are you fighting because of your current situation or because of something else? Your boyfriend should be there to comfort you in your time of stress, and if he isn't, then there's obviously a problem.

Just remember that your parents love you. They'll do anything for you. Don't expect to be able to crawl back to them every time you need something, but keep it in mind that they'll help you through anything. Maybe you can talk to them about the problems you're facing. Apologize for hurting them, but thank them for all they've done.

Hope this helps just a teensy weensy bit.

Waitin' for my ruca.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dispatcher Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help please - January 22nd 2010, 05:57 AM

I think Courtney nailed it on the head with her response. As for your parents having to help you, do not hang your head in shame. There are several people out there who are going through hard times in this economic fault we are going through. That is why they are your family... They are there to help you when you need it.

Thought control is a great thing to learn how to do in tough times like this. Whenever you are going through these thoughts, do something that is both relaxing and good for yourself. I used to go for awesome walks in the park on a sunny day. Just me and my I-Pod (with up beat music.)

I really hope this helps you and my best wishes to you in this hard time in your life. Don't give up hope. The world is a better place with you here.

Closed Thread