TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Likeyoucare. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

fmlkmslololjksrslyfml - January 25th 2010, 05:23 AM

im kinda new to this whole "interwebz" thing, this isn't usually how i do things but i thought ehh what the hell. better the world know my story then it not be told at all. so ok here we go.

im at the awkward age of 19. and i have moved around alot due to my father being in the military, so i never known a stable place. and i have always had self esteem issues ever since the 3rd grade, you i have a overbite. and back then kids would rip into me non-stop about that, still happens from time to time. i also have been fucked by many a friend, people take my kindness and abuse it. so i never had a real friend. honestly i have no idea what the word friend even means.um i used to live in chicago for a good chunk of my life then i move to this shithole called atlanta georgia. and here i am without a single friend and i been living here for 3-4 years. it's INSANELY hard for somebody like myself to make and meet new friends because my anti social lifestyle but even if i had the confindence i severely lack, im not accepted down here. they tend to look down on the black kid who dress like a emo kid(piercings and all) but i never had a person even show that they care, at all. i honestly feel like im a ghost and the world would be a MUCH better place with out me.

/rant.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
thisiscourtney Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: fmlkmslololjksrslyfml - January 25th 2010, 06:07 AM

I can relate to the military thing. I used to blame my depression on moving around so often, but I realized I love traveling. Well, I don't like some of the places we move but I like getting to see different parts of the world. What it's taught me is that not everyone is the same. It may not seem like it, but there is a place out there for you, whether it be in this country or not.

I suggest getting a job (if you don't already have one) and moving out (if that's at all possible). If you're like me, and you don't want a job because of your self-esteem issues, then you should definitely focus on working on those. Trust me, you aren't a ghost. You're a human and you have a life, so live it doing what you want to do, where you want to do it.

I truly hope things get better for you. I know Atlanta sucks (I was told that I would get extremely attached and never want to leave, no thanks), but if you're as kind as you say you are then you definitely have a place in this world and it would be much better WITH you.

Waitin' for my ruca.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Likeyoucare. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

January 25th 2010, 06:57 AM

i had a job but it was seasonal, and my parents won't let me leave because of what my brother pulled. (long story).

i've tried working on things wrong but to no avail. the only things i haven't tried is suicide and pills. soo.. im like stuck

out of 20 views only one person comments.

well i guess i was right. whatever, fuck it then. later

Last edited by Lizzie; January 31st 2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Merge Double Post

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: fmlkmslololjksrslyfml - January 25th 2010, 06:09 PM

Sometimes people just don't know what to say, but they view anyways to at least try and help.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
thisiscourtney Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: fmlkmslololjksrslyfml - January 25th 2010, 08:09 PM

If you want to leave, then the only thing you can do is talk to your parents about it. I don't know the whole story, but is there any chance you can negotiate a deal, like you'll go visit every few weeks? If that's the only thing that's stopping you from leaving then fixing it is probably the thing that can help the situation most. But the small things can help, too. Getting out more, even if you're not with anyone, can take your mind off of things, open you up, and might even help in finding friends. If there's something you like to do, like painting, then you could try a painting class. But a quick-fix like a talk would do a lot more than any permanent fix such as suicide, which isn't really a fix in my opinion, seeing as you have a life that has the potential of being the best for you.

Waitin' for my ruca.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Likeyoucare. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: fmlkmslololjksrslyfml - January 26th 2010, 01:40 AM

no, my parents aren't the type to work things out. so im here for good. i have been getting out more, but it's depressing being out by yourself. especially when you do it every so often. and i've lost interest in alot of things i used to like. all i really do nowadays in homework and listen to music in my room. i've come to terms with the fact that this is probably it for me, that i was probably put on this earth to actually boost thier self esteem. idk..

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Jonafin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jonafinnnnn

Re: fmlkmslololjksrslyfml - January 26th 2010, 06:26 AM

everything is going to be okay, Myself, Fictional Jesus and the Easter Bunny all love you.

come to the winter wonderland that is Toledo Ohio and we can gang bang Mariah.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Likeyoucare. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: fmlkmslololjksrslyfml - January 26th 2010, 06:31 AM

lol .

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Jonafin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jonafinnnnn

Re: fmlkmslololjksrslyfml - January 26th 2010, 06:34 AM

you know i love you Christopher.

(#10 (permalink)) Old