TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ber3812 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I need help... - January 26th 2010, 12:01 AM

I know im depressed. And some times that gets so bad i get suicidal. I've probably done everything in the book. And now i jus need help...somehow to get better. Ineed to get better. I dont like begin the way i am. And i wish to stop hurting those around me
  Send a message via AIM to ber3812 Send a message via Yahoo to ber3812  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Jessica

Re: I need help... - January 26th 2010, 12:19 AM

I know what you mean. Have you tried talking to someone? Like a friend or a therapist? Sometimes talking is the best way to get through things.

I'm a saint, and I'm a sinner.
I'm a loser, I'm a winner.
I am steady, and unstable.
I am young, but I am able.
Who I am - Jessica Andrews

"From dusk to dawn, everything will go on." - Me

"Be strong and hold your head high, because there are millions just waiting to see it fall." - Me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Wishable Offline
★ Listen Up, Destiny
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Caroline

Re: I need help... - January 26th 2010, 03:40 AM

Hi there,

I am so sorry you guys are feeling so low, it's absolutely the worst feeling to have. I know it seems like it will never get better, but I can tell you that getting better is more than possible, and I'm a living example.

I know how you feel, and I know how hard it can be, but I also know that suicide is not the best (or only) option. Can you tell us a little bit more about your situation? Is there anyone that you trust in your area? Parents / Doctors / Teachers? I urge you to tell them about whats happening, and see if they can get you connected with the help you need.

Please don't be afraid to ask for help, you will be SO glad you did.

Best of luck, and please don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything!

need some hope? click this one
know an angel? tell me about it

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ber3812 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I need help... - January 27th 2010, 09:33 PM

My dad lives in Virgina and he is the only person i can talk to, but like he cant do anything really. Plus he jus kinda cae into my life so its all....wierd in a way. Mom and her side would simple be like "your life is fine dont be a baby" blah blah blah. Dad and i have talked about a theripy but so far NOTTA has happened towards that.

as for my situation. I live in a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house with my grandma. My grandma and uncle.....plus my mom, little brother and me. RIGHT next door is my auntie, her husband, and 3 kids. My brother and 2 cousins are elementary age. My auntie and them are over her soooo much. Total chaos. Not good for my axniety.

plus i have to every god d.a.m.n thing here. dishes clean the kitchen laundry. I do my own y i gotta do theirs. y do i have to clean up when most the time i get my own food. no consideration for me at all.... and im immature when i walk away from an aruement (which are several)

and theres prob a book i could tell but yea...
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
strong-but-weak Offline
Musical mess
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Leah

Re: I need help... - January 28th 2010, 04:29 PM

I'm so sorry that you feel that way. Just remember, you aren't alone. Far from it. And giving in to the suicidal thoughts you sometimes have would be giving up so much. Can you find someone to talk to? Someone that will be able to listen and tell you what they think. That helps most people through it. That, religion and music.
Next time you're feeling really depressed, why don't you pop in some upbeat music and make yourself dance around for a bit. Sooner or later you'll start to have fun. You body will release endorphins which actually raise your mood. THat should help you to get out of the slump.

when you're feeling chaotic, try to take some time for yourself. Lock yourself in a bathroom and take a hot bath. Relax for a bit and then you can go back out and deal with everything. Sure, it doesn't make it all go away, but it makes it easier to handle.

try talking to your family CALMLY about how it makes you feel when you do everything. Ask them to pitch in. either you'll find that everyone is doing stuff and that is just your chore or they'll try and help you. But it won't work if you start an argument. If one seems to be coming step away from it and ask to continue the conversation later when everyone is more relaxed.

Good luck and feel better.

And no matter what my heart [</3] says
I have to let you walk away
maybe someday

I can't fight for you anymore
But it's too hard to watch you fall.
But watching you go breaks my heart
But I want to.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ber3812 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I need help... - January 28th 2010, 09:56 PM

i do listen to music...its like my crack lol

and thanks
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: I need help... - January 31st 2010, 08:21 PM

Hello there. My username is Jacksonian.
Well to begin with, it seems you need something else(in addition to music) that will help you forget the stresses and remind you of peace. Is there something else you prefer to do other than listen to music ?

Closed Thread