TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
L.K. Offline
Not a n00b

Feeling toxic... - January 27th 2010, 07:18 AM

I seriously hate the person I've become. For the past few years I've just been this insulting, cynical, hurtful person that only looks out for himself. Now this is just my perception and I don't know if that's indeed what I am but it sure feels like it. And now, I think it's finally starting to show among my friends because I can just be alone and no one would care or notice. It wasn't like this before but now.... I don't know. Of all the things I could wish for, right now all I want to do is change. But it never works out and maybe it never will. F my life, because I'm just a pathetic mess and probably shouldn't be around so everyone can be rid of a toxic person like me. People like me shouldn't be on the face of the earth...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
thisiscourtney Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: Feeling toxic... - January 27th 2010, 08:34 AM

If you hate the person you've become, then there is always the chance that you can change for the better. You must be willing to change, though. I'm not sure what you've tried so far, but maybe you could try looking for the positive in the people around you. It would most likely change your attitude toward them. But are you using these actions to cover up something else? When I was severely depressed, I would be so rude to people, and I knew I was doing it, I just never really thought about it until someone let me know that they noticed. I suppose it was my hateful view of the world. I know, though, that I've become so much more considerate of other's feelings. So no matter what the issue is, it's possible for you to change. Don't think you're "toxic", because you're not. You've simply unintentionally hurt people and asking their forgiveness can turn that all around.

Waitin' for my ruca.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
banter Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Feeling toxic... - January 27th 2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisiscourtney View Post
If you hate the person you've become, then there is always the chance that you can change for the better. You must be willing to change, though. I'm not sure what you've tried so far, but maybe you could try looking for the positive in the people around you. It would most likely change your attitude toward them. But are you using these actions to cover up something else? When I was severely depressed, I would be so rude to people, and I knew I was doing it, I just never really thought about it until someone let me know that they noticed. I suppose it was my hateful view of the world. I know, though, that I've become so much more considerate of other's feelings. So no matter what the issue is, it's possible for you to change. Don't think you're "toxic", because you're not. You've simply unintentionally hurt people and asking their forgiveness can turn that all around.
My thoughts exactly! There's still room for change, and admitting you have an attitude, is the first step to a more positive attitude (and we're here to help along the way if you keep us updated ).

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

Re: Feeling toxic... - January 27th 2010, 04:22 PM

Hey,
First of all. Your not a toxic person. You realize that what your doing can hurt the people around you and thats a great step! I think that if you want to change, you can. I'm in the middle of changing who I am too. I found it useful to journal. Maybe you could write down every insult or negative comment you make during the day. Then look them over the next day and ask yourself, "was there a reason I said this?, is it a good enough reason to hurt someone?" and then maybe call them and appologize. Its okay to be a cynic, but not at the expense of others. I truly believe that if you want to change you can. I wish you the best of luck. I hope you can become the person you want to be. I'm sure you can.
Take care.

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before itís too late
I canít turn that clock back around
On what youíre dreaming about
You better do it now, donít wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  Send a message via MSN to *~Circus Clown~*  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
L.K. Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Feeling toxic... - January 28th 2010, 08:47 AM

Thanks for the replies. The little emoticon banter put it seriously made my day today . But going serious now, yeah I really do want to change. Being the somewhat-emotional person (specifically, an emotional guy (which isn't a good title to hold at school)) isn't something I'll ever be proud of so I should change that and make that a thing of the past. I will definitely consider the journal because most things I say are unfortunately said on the spot without much thought, which isn't good at all. Thanks again for the help! Caterpillar, I hope you are successful in your change as well!

Closed Thread