TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I_am Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I want to help people - January 28th 2010, 08:06 PM

i just want to help people, that simple.
i have issues, and i have a freind for that, and im so glad i do, but i just feel like i cant help other people, people who need it.

i feel like im just wasting other people's time, and even though they say im not, i always feel like i am, i feel like a burden to everyone i open up to (right now im down to two people) so i shut myself down more and more, even though i know thats probably gonna lead to my death, i just dont know

i dont know

I guess there comes a point where you just have to stop trying because it hurts to much to hold on anymore

Behind my smile is a hurting heart. Behind my laugh, I'm falling apart. Look closely at me and you will see, the guy I am...isn't me
  Send a message via AIM to I_am  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: I want to help people - January 28th 2010, 08:23 PM

I understand completley what your saying..I honestly don't know how many people know the REAL me but I can tell you that its between 0-4 people. About helping people I totally understand on that part too. I'd rather help someone else then help myself or get help, because knowing I made someone feel better even though I can't do it for myself is a great feeling. I think it's great you want to help people. I also know what its like when you talk about your problems and then you say sorry over and over because your afraid your bothering them..(hypicritical statment following)..at some point you just have to tell yourself that if they say it's fine then it's fine and you don't need to worry about it.

I honestly think you should try and open yourself up a little at a time instead of slowley closing off. I was a hyper little girl shit happened and I started closing my self off slowley and now I'm pretty much sealed tight and it's not a good idea..Because you'll blow up at some point...

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I_am Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I want to help people - January 28th 2010, 10:26 PM

Thanks

I'll try

I guess there comes a point where you just have to stop trying because it hurts to much to hold on anymore

Behind my smile is a hurting heart. Behind my laugh, I'm falling apart. Look closely at me and you will see, the guy I am...isn't me
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: I want to help people - January 31st 2010, 08:24 PM

Whatever is necessary is never unwise.

If you need to talk to someone, talk to them. If they are supportive of you talking to them to help you through what you are going through then talk to them. Don't shut yourself from them completely.

And its good you would like to help people. So obviously you can start off here on teen help and then after sometime you can include helping the homeless and volunteering somewhere.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Ivan"Chandler" Brown

Re: I want to help people - February 4th 2010, 06:49 AM

i know exactly how your feeling i feel exactly the same way so i want you to know that you are not alone. I also agree with littlemisscomplicacted.
I am on everynight so if you need anyone to talk to you can eather pm or vm me and i'll get back to you.
hope all goes well,
~chandler~
  Send a message via AIM to Brighter.than.sun Send a message via MSN to Brighter.than.sun Send a message via Yahoo to Brighter.than.sun Send a message via Skype™ to Brighter.than.sun 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: I want to help people - February 4th 2010, 06:38 PM

Hey there,
I know you are trying to think of other people and try not to burden them, but think of yourself. No one wants you to end your life and everyone who is helping you WANTS to help you. If they didn't, they simply wouldn't reply. I know it's hard, but you need to try to open up to more people. If you don't, you may never feel better and neither of us want that. Think about it, if you open up to the right people, they can find you the help you need, then you won't have to worry about it anymore. It's okay to tell people how you feel. We care about you and that's why we are trying to help you. You can help people AND get help for yourself. It's perfectly fine to do both! Remember, none of us are perfect and we all need someone to talk to and that's OK. If you shut yourself down and don't talk to anyone about how you are feeling and then end up ending your life, you will make everyone feel like they couldn't help you no matter how much they wanted to. Try to make a goal for yourself which you can focus on. Maybe open up to someone new once a month or in two months you want to have told atleast one family member. Setting goals for yourself can make it easier to set your mind to one thing and try hard to accomplish that. I know you can do it, just believe in yourself.
Take care now and PM me if you need ANYTHING at all. I mean it!
~Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
I_am Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I want to help people - February 9th 2010, 03:14 AM

I don't know if I want help.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: I want to help people - February 9th 2010, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonian View Post
Whatever is necessary is never unwise.

If you need to talk to someone, talk to them. If they are supportive of you talking to them to help you through what you are going through then talk to them. Don't shut yourself from them completely.

And its good you would like to help people. So obviously you can start off here on teen help and then after sometime you can include helping the homeless and volunteering somewhere.
Definitely. Anybody who is unreasonable enough to not help you through any difficulties that you are having isn't really worth having as a friend. Friends are supposed to be there to help you, so by all means: go ahead and talk with somebody if you need to. If you know how to approach uncomfortable topics slowly (and allow them to back out if they are uncomfortable) you'll probably find some people who are willing to help.

There are times when everybody needs some help. That is absolutely okay. I understand that sometimes you feel a little bit of an annoyance when you keep asking people for help (or just a talk about something a little uncomfortable) but if they didn't want to help, they wouldn't agree to help you.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

Closed Thread