TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
purpleangel18 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tiffany

NO NO NO - January 30th 2010, 03:26 PM

I have been thinking about suicide again for myself and for others that are slose to me. My friend tried to kill herself by an overdose. For some reason i feel so responsible for it cause i should have seen through her mask that she was still so unhappy. Then my friends mom attempted suicide but it wasn't too bad i guess. It's so saddening thinking about how they must be feeling. With this all around me i feel that i'm going back to my old ways of being so depressed that my days are dark. that i would rather be sleep because i wish my dreams were reality, even the nightmares. With this comes the cutting urges and all of the suicidal thoughts the take over every thought in mind.
  Send a message via AIM to purpleangel18 Send a message via Yahoo to purpleangel18  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: NO NO NO - January 30th 2010, 04:05 PM

Hi Tiffany.

Firstly, well done for asking for help.

The main thing in your situation is to not blame yourself. You are not responsible for peoples actions. And although you feel like you didnt see past the mask, doesnt mean its your fault.

Of course things are going to difficult, but you have to think, these suicide attemps hurt you, so if you attempted suicide, think how they would feel.

The best you can do, is talk. Get your voice and opinion heard.

If you have urges to cut, then please use these methods.

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

If you feel suicidal then please have a look at these reasons why you shouldnt do it.

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-d...-reasons-live/

You can get through this, dont give up and keep being a good friend, one whom is caring and thoughtfull and doesnt give up hope.

Jaymi
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
lacrotix Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: NO NO NO - February 3rd 2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleangel18 View Post
My friend tried to kill herself by an overdose. For some reason i feel so responsible for it cause i should have seen through her mask that she was still so unhappy. Then my friends mom attempted suicide but it wasn't too bad i guess.
Guilt does make people insane. You said your friend "tried" to commit suicide, so I assume she's still alive. I don't think you are responsible, but even if you were, you now have a second chance. Your friend is still alive, and maybe you can help her find happiness and a reason to live. I can't really tell from your details if the mom is still alive, so I won't comment on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleangel18 View Post
It's so saddening thinking about how they must be feeling. With this all around me i feel that i'm going back to my old ways of being so depressed... With this comes the cutting urges and all of the suicidal thoughts the take over every thought in mind.
I think you need a distraction. That way, you don't have time to think about all of this sadness. Exercise and joggin is one option. It's good for your health, and it helps pump natural "happy" hormones that make you happy. Reading manga or drawing or TV is another. Just something to fill the time so that you don't have time to think.

As for your urges to suicide, you're right to say "NO NO NO" to it. You would be cheating yourself of way too much if you do kill yourself. Find a reason to live. Maybe you have a passion like cooking or talking to firends. Maybe you're like me and want to help others so they don't have to go through the same meaningless pains. Whatever the case is, you need to be strong. i have never thought of cutting myself, so I won't comment on that either.

Good luck.

Closed Thread