TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I_am Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Why? - February 1st 2010, 02:36 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I mean everyone always says the same thing, "Dont worry, it will get better, you'll see later, it'll all be better" but I don't see how people can make promises like that, I don't see how people can say that, it's just so hard to just stay alive, I just want say "to hell with it" and give up.

I just want this neverending battle to end

even if I lose the war.

I guess there comes a point where you just have to stop trying because it hurts to much to hold on anymore

Behind my smile is a hurting heart. Behind my laugh, I'm falling apart. Look closely at me and you will see, the guy I am...isn't me

Last edited by I_am; February 1st 2010 at 03:32 AM.
  Send a message via AIM to I_am  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Don'tLet'sStart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why? - February 1st 2010, 05:31 AM

For us all, it seems as if there are things in our lives, that make things hard to move forward with. Some more than others, and in your case, i would say that there have been things not worth holding on for.

But, you have to understand what you are truely in here. Imagine, being in a dark cave, trying to dig yourself out. Digging, crawling, trying to break through the surface. You can not see the light, and you may even be uncertain if you are going in the right direction. But, there are some of us, who have seen the light, maybe caught a small glimps of light break through. Dirt will slide, get in your eye, you will hurt, but you have to remember the exit is there, and that you have to keep moving forward. Even when everything seems hopeless, or lost. Life must be taking a toll on you right now, but don't let it be said that you let life win.

From heartaches caused by loves ones, to losing someone you love, or not having anyone you love you at all. Things will make this struggle harder. There will be someone, that you will be able to find, to help you. Someone is digging on the end, or digging right beside you, either in the light, or trying to find it themselves. They will reach you. And they will help you. Or perhaps, you have them already, but you just do not see it, that they are trying to push you along.

We are all digging, when times get hard. But hold on , hold out for the end. Wonderful things do await you. It's too early to decide, that now is the time to give up. Give hardship, sadness, and tears the finger, and push forward. You can do this. I don't know you personally, but i know you can do this.

Remember, to always talk about your issues, with someone. You will start to find, that opening up, is the first step to wining this battle, making it out of this climb. The journey will get alot more complex as you go, but you will have someone at your side. I say this with all sincerity. because, if ever you need anyone to talk to, Message me. You have one person now, to look towards, so if you need to. Do.
But move along, you can do this.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Don'tLet'sStart  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Why? - February 9th 2010, 09:35 AM

i am seconding what forrester said.

I know what other people say seems hard to believe. but the thing is that no matter what happens, when you open up , and believe in yourself , everything will start to really move a long.

You can set daily goals..like maybe

"today i will read this positive book "

" today i will help people out "

and stuff. that will help a lot... and each of these will give you newfound confidence and allow you to have the strength to change everything. i believe that you CAN do this. alright? =) we're all rooting for you. all the damn way.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
thisiscourtney Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: Why? - February 9th 2010, 04:00 PM

I also have to go with what Forrester said about digging and finding the light, which is actually a really good comparison. People say those types of things like "you'll get out", "it will get better", because they have possibly had it happen to them, or they've seen it happen to someone else. Take me, for example. A few months ago I probably would have had an emotional breakdown if something forced me out of my house. I was literally terrified to leave because I was afraid of what people would think of me and I thought they would make fun of me (social anxiety), but now I don't freak out whenever I go places, and I can walk by a group of people without thinking they're all staring at me and thinking negatively of me. Progress is definitely achievable, which is why you shouldn't give up.

Waitin' for my ruca.

Closed Thread