TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
pohpface Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I don't get it - February 2nd 2010, 04:43 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

ive been slipping and this past week has put me even deeper.

I drive within inches of telephone poles just to get closer to whats going through my mind.

Today I kept imagining myself lying lifeless in the grassy median covered in blood on a beautiful summer day.

I dont know how to turn myself around but I feel like its all becoming too much to handle. Everyday makes me worse.

Last edited by Gaia; February 3rd 2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Adding triggering prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
thisiscourtney Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: I don't get it - February 3rd 2010, 07:16 AM

Is there anyone you can talk to about whatever it is that's making you feel like this? Just don't give up, because no matter what's wrong, it can get better. There is always a way out that doesn't involve death. Perhaps talking freely would help you discover the things in your mind a lot better than dangerous driving, so at least try it out. If nothing else, live for those "beautiful summer days".

Waitin' for my ruca.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Don'tLet'sStart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I don't get it - February 5th 2010, 05:15 AM

I know how you feel, for me too it seems that things are taking a downfall that i can not turn around. But, you have to understand that indeed there is a hope, and a chance to turn things around will come. You just need to work towards it. As said, this can be done. You need to talk to someone about your issues. Talking, really helps. If at all you find nothing you can do, at the least, always keep moving forward. Keep understanding that there is a way to make things better, and that you just need to keep moving on to find it. Picture yourself, happy, enjoying a summer day, look to all the things you want in life that are good for you, and know that you will have them, as long as you keep moving forward. When life pushes, you withstand it. And when your time comes, you push back. Wait for your time to push back. But do not be afraid to ask people for help. Talk to anyone on this site, talk to me. Everyone it seems here offers help, and it is not just a blank invitation, they are sincere ones, utilize us, we are here =)
  Send a message via Yahoo to Don'tLet'sStart  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I don't get it - February 6th 2010, 12:26 AM

Hey there,

I know how hard it can be to struggle with things like this but please know that it will be okay in the end. Remember that when a person hits bottom there is no where else for them to go but to the top. You may struggle with all of this for a while but in time you will reach the top again.

I think that talking to someone about all of this would be a good idea. I know that talking can be a really hard thing to do but at the same it can be really beneficial.

I am going to give you a link to Hotlines I have used these in the past and it helped me get the courage up to tell my therapist how badly I was struggling. Maybe talking to a hotline will help you see that getting help and talking to people is not a bad thing. And, if not, at least you will have a resource where you can talk to someone when you are really struggling and you need one on one time.

I know things might be hard right now but keep holding on because it will turn itself around.

If you need anything feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread