TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xGinsx Offline
Being crazy isn't enough.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Gina

It doesn't feel real - February 4th 2010, 09:34 PM

Being happy just doesn't feel real. And it makes me feel so horrible. I've been feeling the happiest this week than I have for months, and I have reason to. So my friend told me to just cling on to this feeling and not let it go, but I almost want to, because I feel like I'm getting my hopes up for something that won't last. I don't know what to do or if I should tell someone.

Has anyone else ever felt like this?

last cut---> 12/25/09

And just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
zeekool Offline
Friend
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Zach

Re: It doesn't feel real - February 5th 2010, 01:04 AM

I understand exactly what you mean, and I know a bunch of people who feel that way, too. You should realize though that happiness is a gift, and that you should never keep yourself from being happy out of fear that it won't last. Enjoy it while you have it - there is nothing wrong with being happy. It's actually a really good, fun emotion.
And sure, you probably will have times when you aren't so happy, but that doesn't mean that you're getting your hopes up for nothing; understand that, true, you might not always be happy, but sometimes you will be happy, and you should enjoy those moments as much as possible. It's much better to go outside on a sunny day, and come inside when it starts to rain, then to stay inside the entire time.
  Send a message via AIM to zeekool Send a message via Yahoo to zeekool Send a message via Skype™ to zeekool 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Natasha. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Natasha Lyn.

Re: It doesn't feel real - February 5th 2010, 02:35 AM

I'm the same exact way. I will start to feel happy, and then when I do, BAM! Something comes, and messes up the happiness. It's like, you depend on a situation to make you happy. That's just not right. Us humans should be able to feel happy 24/7, and have it not be situational. Crappy thing is, not all of us can, because some of us have chemical/situational depression. You just got to believe that this happiness is there for a reason, and do things that keep you happy so it won't go away! I know EXACTLY how you feel, but just try your hardest to do what makes you happy so the feeling doesn't drift away, although I do get what you're saying. Happiness doesn't seem to be real, but deep down inside it's there just waiting to pop up!

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now.

Dreamin'. Ohhhhhh. Of fallin'.

Send a message via MSN to Natasha.  
Closed Thread