TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WhatsTheSecret Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Simply Stated. - February 6th 2010, 02:48 AM

I feel like I just want to die.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Simply Stated. - February 6th 2010, 07:21 AM

don't.

i understand that you probably have went through your share of bad experiences. However.. they are in the past.. there's definitely going to be good things happening if you take the the initiative and take the steps needed to make your situation better. and that holds true for whatever you are going through.

i know by the way you're saying that you've had it tough. But remember.. everything can be overcome =)

remember you can always talk to us.. we're always going to be there to listen .

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Simply Stated. - February 6th 2010, 04:49 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are feeling this way. I know how hard it can be to struggle with thoughts like this but keep on fighting because things will get better.

Do you know what is causing you to feel this way? Sometimes talking about the issues behind this feeling can be really helpful. Do you have anyone you could talk to about all of this? A friend, a family member or a therapist?

Please hang in there and if you need anything feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
WhatsTheSecret Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Simply Stated. - February 10th 2010, 02:59 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the support, I really appreciate it. Jenna, I do have people to talk to but I feel like I am always burdening them because the feelings go away but only temporarily. I know what it feels like to be on the flip side and being the person to always listen when someones going through something, and it's tiring. I just don't want to always bother everyone with how I'm feeling.

I especially have that problem with my boyfriend. He gets frustrated because he wants to help, he wants to be able to fix things for me but it can't...so after awhile i just feel like it's not right to burden him anymore. I'm trying to keep my spirits up and I try every day to make it a little better, but sometimes I just regress so much that its incredibly discouraging.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: Simply Stated. - February 10th 2010, 03:03 AM

Hey. I'm gonna focus on your previous post, okay?

I get that it can feel like you're burdening someone when you keep leaning on them for support (so to speak) but if they didn't WANT to help you, they wouldn't be doing it. Your friends care about you. Trust me, they ARE trying to help you in any way that they can. I do get what you're saying though, which is why I try to get a bigger group of people who i can talk to so that I'm not burdening the same person every time.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Simply Stated. - February 11th 2010, 05:46 PM

it's normal to relapse. The most important thing is that you have to think or do something good everytime that happens. So that you'll be able to concentrate on the good thing, and remind yourself that for every dark cloud, there's a silver lining.

and dont mind me for saying it, but the bigger the dark cloud is , the bigger the silver lining. at least i believe it's true. And it's okay to tell your boyfriend stuff. I dont think you are burdening him in that way.. he himself wants to help on his own . alright? so remember that a lot of people care in a good way.

just so you know, i think you are a really good girlfriend.. because you think of how your boyfriend feels and considers his welfare. He's a lucky guy to have someone like you.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
WhatsTheSecret Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Simply Stated. - February 15th 2010, 01:23 AM

Thanks guys, I greatly appreciate it.

I'm trying not to be so hard on myself...it's hard though when other people are confirming your bad thoughts. I decided to join an honors co-ed fraternity to meet people at my new school, it's all pretty nice people...but 2 of the girls pledging with me have just up and decided they don't like me. i have literally been around them no more than two or three times but every time i said a word today, they shut me down (and do so in a cowardly way because they wont even look me in the eye when they say crap about me). i know i am not supposed to care what people say or think about me, but it still hurts because i already have the thoughts that i am a horrible, useless person. i try to battle those thoughts and ive been doing alright with that the past few weeks.

but how do you deal when someone is pretty much encouraging you to think that way because they clearly don't like you either? i wish it didn't hurt so much that other people put me down or don't like me but it does because like i said, it makes me think that i'm right for thinking those bad thoughts..=/

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Simply Stated. - February 16th 2010, 11:07 AM

these people are probably people who are assuming too much.

i assure you, there are other people who you will meet that will definitely make you feel welcome, and make everything change for the better. Always remember that there are some people who get a assume too much, and thus never get to know the person better.

I assure you that you are a better person than they think you are alright? have confidence. Everything will be alright.. just keep trying and you'll definitely succeed!

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Simply Stated. - February 19th 2010, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsTheSecret View Post

....................but 2 of the girls pledging with me have just up and decided they don't like me. i have literally been around them no more than two or three times but every time i said a word today, they shut me down (and do so in a cowardly way because they wont even look me in the eye when they say crap about me). i know i am not supposed to care what people say or think about me.................. thoughts..=/
Don't care what those girls think. Ignore them and enjoy your life. Life is too precious to let it be spoiled by people who just are bad. You know what to do.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Simply Stated. - February 19th 2010, 12:55 PM

Oh hun I wish I had something better to say...but just hang in there *huggg*

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

Closed Thread