TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*MusicIsMyLife* Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Rebecca

Unhappy Suicidal - February 7th 2010, 03:26 PM

I am feeling suicidal. I want to cut. I think that it's my only option. I have so many things going on that I don't know what to do about all of them so I think that hurting myself is the best way to deal with this. No one cares about me or I have no friends.

“Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.”
― Taylor Swift

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Suicidal - February 7th 2010, 04:00 PM

Rebecca,
I'm sorry you are feeling this way. Try to remember, cutting is NOT your only option. I know it's hard to fight against the urge but you can do it. I know you can. You are stronger than the urge so don't give into it. Don't forget to use the Alternatives sticky. It has some really good ideas on how to distract yourself. If you have a lot going on, take things slow. Do one thing at a time and don't overwhelm yourself. Hurting yourself is not the best way to deal with this and it will only make you feel worse after. I care about you and I am your friend Rebecca. I am always here for you and you can always PM me.
Hang in there and stay strong because I know you can do it,

Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Suicidal - February 7th 2010, 05:15 PM

Hey Rebecca, as someone who has been on both sides of suicide (thought about it and lost someone to it) I can honestly say that it isn't your only way out. I know someone who killed himself just over a month ago and although I barely knew him, it hurts like hell. Especailly when I think about his parents and his brothers. People do care about you and they would help if they knew how you felt. I know in the moment it seems like the only way out, but it isn't. Just hang in there and things will start to look better for you.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Suicidal - February 8th 2010, 04:21 AM

Hey there Rebecca,

I know that you are struggling with all of this but I want you to know that there is hope and you can and will beat this.

Have you ever considered talking to someone about all of this? I know that it can be difficult to do but talking can really accomplish quite a bit. It helps to let people in on the struggle and to get their support.

Also, I think that using the alternatives would be an excellent idea. I know it will be hard to do and your body might resist at first. However with time your body will get used to them and want to use them over the self harm.

Do you know what is causing you to feel this way? If so then why not talk about it? Get out all of the issues that you are struggling with and it might feel as if a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

Please hang in there and if you ever want to chat feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MasterofTofu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ian

Re: Suicidal - February 8th 2010, 05:18 AM

Rebecca,

I know this may be hard for you, but I want to hang on to what is good in your life. Do not cut yourself; think about what it does. It inflicts more pain, more heartache. It drives you further into depression. It makes you self-conscious. All of these things are negative! What are the positive emotions you get from cutting? Nothing except a temporary distraction from your emotional pain! Focus your energy on getting help. Please, Rebecca, go see a counselor, a teacher, someone. There are men and women who operate depression and suicide hot lines who will readily listen to you! Don't be afraid to approach a school counselor either. They will understand better than most. Cutting does nothing to remedy what is going wrong in your life. Please seek help, if not for those who are important in your life, then for me and everyone at teenhelp.

Closed Thread