TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LittleFish Offline
Face-eating Alien
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Se-Se

I want to donate all my organs...? - February 7th 2010, 11:46 PM

I'm a waste of space, time, and money. I want to give my life to someone who can actually use it, someone who wants it. If there are sick children who would give anything for a chance to live, and here I am with nothing to live for, why can't I just give them my life instead? I know even if I amount to something, I'll never contribute to society or make changes for the better. Conversation has become painful. I can't make new friends, and I sense that the friends I have might slip away. Anxiety has turned me into a compulsive liar and rendered me incapable of confiding in those who I know personally. I don't want to live, but I don't want to die knowing I'm worthless. If the only way I ever make a difference is by donating my organs, then so be it. I'll find a way.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: I want to donate all my organs...? - February 8th 2010, 12:29 AM

Here is the thing - most methods of suicide would render most of your organs unusable for transplant. And that's not even mentioning the fact that I'm pretty certain the bodies of people who have committed suicide aren't considered for transplant and go for an autopsy instead, real life is not like 'Seven Pounds'. So you'd be wasting your body and your life for, well, nothing. Yes there are people out there clinging desperately to life whilst you contemplating throwing yours away. Living yours to the full is the only way you can help. When you're older, you'll be able to donate blood and possibly bone marrow and help in that way.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: I want to donate all my organs...? - February 8th 2010, 02:01 AM

But you can live a long life and make a difference in it, and THEN when you die naturally, have your organs donated. You will be able to help many more people that way! Although I have never considered suicide, I have had that same exact thought as you before, thinking that I could save someone elses life by dying. You are VERY VERY amazing that even in such a hard time like this, you are thinking of helping everyone else. The fact that you can do that shows that you CAN make a difference in your life, and then some day in the very far away future, donate your organs. Plus, like the person who posted before me said, they probably wouldn't even be allowed to use the organs of someone who died from suicide.

I think that you might be having these thoughts because you want to help others and don't know how to or where to start. Is that true? I hope it's okay that I post this link here, it doesn't say that I can't, feel free to edit if you have to....But I belong to this really amazing group called Snapshot Search (www.snapshotsearch.net) , it helps to find missing children....And there, it isn't like other places that you'd volunteer and it doesn't really do anything....With this cause, one single person's help WILL save lives! if you ever feel like you want to really save lives and don't know how, we are always looking for volunteers. And it's something that you can do from your own home at the computer. PM me if you ever feel this way and want to help a lot of really amazing children, without having to harm yourself doing it.

Closed Thread