TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
heythere Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kay

Trying to get help - February 8th 2010, 08:56 PM

So basically ive been going through a lot for like 2 years.

I cut, been suicidal, almost been put away, drank, did drugs all that and now im trying to get help for it.

I sat down and had a good talk with 2 of my adult friends. One lives 3 hrs away and shes left again but she knows all about my situation and the other one dosent know anything about whats going on.

They keep telling me to not be afraid to ask for help but how can I not be afraid? I have major trust issues and have a really hard time opening up to people especially in front of people. But im trying to break that habit and make it to where I can say whats on my mind in front of people.

They said that theres people out there that would drop everything and talk to me if I needed them and well I just cant make myself belive that. How can anybody possibly care about me? Im worthless.

I finally got up the courage and asked if I could meet not text with my youth pastor and his wife and they said yea and that was it. Im going to have to schedule it and I just dont know if I can do that. Im going to chicken out I know I am.

I dont want to have to deal with this crap for the rest of my life. I want to be over it and move on with my life.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Trying to get help - February 8th 2010, 10:57 PM

Hey Kay,
I'm sorry to hear you are going through a tough moment in your life right now but trust me, you WILL get through this. You should be very proud of yourself for talking to your 2 adult friends. That takes a lot of courage and you have taken a major step in feeling better. I know it's hard to open up to people about your personaly problems but if they are getting to be too much, it's necessary. The more people you have on your side to fight your battle, the easier it will be. It's okay to afraid about opening up, just don't let that stop you. Push through and believe in yourself that you can do it and it's going to be okay. You are not worthless at all Kay. I care about you and I'm sure lots of others do too. See if you can take a friend with you to talk to the youth pastor. Have him/her make the appointment with you and have them sit with you until for every talk until you feel comfortable talking alone. I know you don't want to have to deal with this the rest of your life. No one does. You are going to have to fight mighty hard to overcome it, but I know you can do it. Hang in there and let me know if there's anything I can do to help okay?
Stay strong,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Trying to get help - February 9th 2010, 02:46 AM

Hey there,

I know how hard it can be to let people in and to trust them but in my opinion it will really help if you have a support system in place to help you over come this depression.

I know how hard it can be to trust but there are going to be people out there who do care about you and will not hurt you. However, the only way you will be able to realize this is if you let some people in. Yes, there is a possibility that you will be hurt but there is an even bigger possibility that you will gain a support system and this will help you so much.

I think that you should push yourself to make that appointment. It will be hard to do but once you do you will feel a little bit better.

Please do not be afraid to reach out for help and if you need anything feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: Trying to get help - February 9th 2010, 03:54 AM

^Yep, that is very true! Just ask a couple of your close friends if you can talk to them alone and if they say "yes" let them know what's on your mind (make sure they understand that you want to keep it private). There ARE people out there who are willing (and would love) to help you with what you're going through! Friends are a BIG help with problems. They may not be professionals, but even having somebody listen can help

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

Closed Thread