TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Life17 Offline
Average Joe

Let it rain - February 10th 2010, 01:44 AM

Have any of you just really sat down and thought about your life and felt like it doesnt matter what you do your never going to be the same and your not going to have the future that you use to hope for so you think whats the point. You dont look foward to the future anymore you just live in the moment and truly and honestly beieve that your better off being dead. And you have told your story to alot of people that you trust hoping that someone would really listen and try to get you the best help as possible. If you have welcome to my world

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: Let it rain - February 10th 2010, 02:46 AM

Absolutely, I feel like that right now. What tortures me the most is knowing it wasn't always like this, knowing that I threw everything away and have only myself to blame. All I want is to realize the dreams I used to have, but I just can't. I'm sinking fast, all the people who want to help me are powerless to do so, and all the people who should be able to help me (doctors, therapists, psychiatrists, etc.) either don't care enough or just give me the "broken record" treatment. "Depression is the result of a chemical imbalance in the brain, I don't know why these pills aren't working, want to try a 7th antidepressant?, have you read any self-help books lately?..." shit goes on and on

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Let it rain - February 10th 2010, 02:46 AM

Hey there,

I have felt like this a number of times in life and it is a horrible feeling to have. But, it does not always have to be this way. Life definitely has its ups and downs but you can make it through all of that and be really happy.

Talking to people may not solve the problem but it really does help to have people there to support you. I know sometimes I do not feel like talking to people because I know they won't understand and I feel it won't solve anything. However, I push myself to talk to people and afterward I do feel a little tiny bit better.

Talking to a therapist is one way to really get help for all these intense feelings. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right therapist but once you do it can be really beneficial. Have you thought of getting a therapist?

Please hang in there and if you need anything do not hesitate to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Let it rain - February 12th 2010, 11:32 PM

I went through this once. I thought exactly the way you are thinking now. I didn't want to go through with life anymore and I didn't talk to anyone about it because i thought they wouldn't understand what exactly i was going through. But unfortunately, when you try to tell people of something they haven't gone through especially suicide, it will be hard for them to help you 100%. So part of that percentage rests on you to just hold on till the issue passes. Hold on, ok.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Life17 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Let it rain - February 14th 2010, 01:32 AM

Im finding it hard to continue to hold on [Edited by Alessa (>*>: Goodbye posts are not permitted as stated in the Depression and Suicide Forum Rules]

Last edited by Whisperer; February 17th 2010 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Goodbye posts violate forum rules

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Let it rain - February 16th 2010, 09:56 PM

I come from a very different place than America. So i have had the same exact thoughts and almost came to seeing them crushed and wondered what will I do ? And in a matter of minutes i crashed in despair, sadness, fear,confusion and utter loss of what was my mind.

I couldn't take it anymore. And that didn't only rest on me sitting down and contemplating as you did. It involved despair and annoyances from things out of my control. But I was helped and if I had not held on then that dream would have been completely lost and He helped me alot.

That is my testimony for you.

I said that so that you might get the drive and desire to hold on. Because i am happy i held on and so will you if you hold on.

So i ask you to hold on. For your self. So that you may see that which you want to see.

Last edited by Jacksonian; February 16th 2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: correction/organization

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bailey

Re: Let it rain - February 17th 2010, 04:31 AM

Hey, I'm sorry you're having a tough time right now :/ Sometime's its hard for people to know how to help us, even though we trust them and think they should help us. Some people really just don't know what to say. I'm happy you're on here though. There are a ton of great people willing to listen and help you. If you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me. But I can say one thing right now, I know you're better off alive. Everyone has a place in this world, sometimes it just takes a bit of digging to find it. It'll happen though
  Send a message via MSN to Slowly_Losing_Control  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
garin Offline
The ashes of the phoenix
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Let it rain - February 17th 2010, 04:47 AM

I know that pain quite well. A dark hole of nothing... I went there and stayed there for about 6 years. 6 years before I decided I couldn't go on, BUT I had held on long enough that a friend came along and helped me in the way that I needed. Years later, I understand that everyone who faces this dark hole needs something. Its unique to each person and no amount of pills will fix that. The first step is to have someone there to listen to you and talk with you and cry with you if needed. If you can help others understand your feelings and why you may feel the way you do, then someone will know what to say and what to do in order to help you climb out of that hole. From the looks of things, there are lots of people here ready to listen and help, those who have probably had similar things happen to them. Why not give us a description of your daily routine, whats the last thing your remember that you really enjoyed and had fun with or did? I won't sugar coat it and say, everything is gonna be just fine. Life can be a beast ready to do bad things to you. fear and depression are painful and the road out of that place your in is tough. just remember that there are those of us who have traveled or are traveling that road and we can help.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Let it rain - February 18th 2010, 04:15 AM

You're not alone, sweetie. I reckon a fair few of us (myself included) have felt that way. *hugs*

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread