TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
daddysjudy92 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Judy

Unhappy no hope left - February 11th 2010, 05:34 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi, i'm really new here and hoping to maybe find some help. For years i've suffered from really bad depression to the point i cut myself, break my bones, stop eating and some other stuff. I finally started getting better and making friends i stopped cutting, got a job, and just was able to be happy. Well for the past few months i've been really depressed again due to losing almost all my friends, i recently lost one to suicide. Im so depressed and unhappy that i can't sleep, i can barely eat anymore, getting out of bed is a struggle for me. All i can think about it killing myself and just finally being free from all this. I just want the pain to stop and i just think maybe killing myself would be the way to go. I've started struggling with my cutting and breaking my bones again and it's getting harder and harder to hide everything from my parents i just don't know what to do anymore i feel like i'm falling apart and theres no hope for me anymore
  Send a message via MSN to daddysjudy92 Send a message via Yahoo to daddysjudy92  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: no hope left - February 12th 2010, 12:00 AM

Hey there Judy,
Welcome to Teenhelp.
There is ALWAYS hope. Even when it feels like there isn't, there is. You have gotten through this tough time once so you can definately do it again. Suicide is a permanent solution to just a temporary problem. You have overcome depression once and you can do it again. I know it may seem impossible, but have you told anyone in your life about what you are going through? A friend, family member, teacher, or guidence counselor? When you start to feel this way and you get others to support you throughout it, it's not as tough. You are never alone and people always care about you. I know you may want to hide everything from your parents, but even just simply telling them you have started feeling really depressed can be a huge help. Once you find people to talk to, it's easier to let things out and feel better. There is hope Judy, just hang in there, it'll get better.

Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
daddysjudy92 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: no hope left - February 13th 2010, 10:51 PM

i told my youth pastors wife but she just chewed me out and told me i'm being stupid so it made it 100 times worse i ended up getting so upset i broke my arm and almost my leg
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: no hope left - February 14th 2010, 03:54 PM

I'm so sorry she wasn't supportive. But that doesn't mean you should stop trying. Keep reaching out. Ask a friend, family member, teacher, someone. Don't give up just because one person brushed you off. There's so many people out there willing to help you just have to find the right person. Breaking bones is just going to make you feel worse overall. You don't deserve it at all and it's not worth it. Find something else to do using the Alternatives sticky. If nothing works, make up your own alternatives. Stay strong Judy you will get through this and things will get better.

Alessa

(#5 (permalink)) Old
daddysjudy92 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: no hope left - February 14th 2010, 05:09 PM

Im having problems finding someone. I am still looking though so i haven't stopped. It's just hard finding someone to trust, that's the main thing cause 75% would tell my parents then i'd be in deep trouble. Todays been a little better though. I tried talking to the daughter of my parents friends and it worked out good. She's my age likes the same stuff i do even dresses the way i do but she did what i thought was impossible...got me to laugh. It was really nice, made my day alot better
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
I've been here a while

Re: no hope left - February 14th 2010, 08:41 PM

That's awesome! Don't give up looking. Maybe you could let your parents know you have been sufferring with depression. I think they would be more likely to help you if they knew you were having a hard time. You don't have to tell them about SH if you think that will get you in trouble.That's great though that your friend is willing to be there for you. It's all going to be okay.

Closed Thread