TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lavenderraven Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy please help me i don't know what to do anymore - February 12th 2010, 04:19 AM

At first i didn't realize it then it became more pronounced and i started sinking. I can easily manage to keep my grades up and put on the "im just tired" charade but when im alone i can't do it. I thinking about every way i could do it, from the most painful to the least, how easy it'd be. I know people say it's just teenage hormones but its not that. I used to be the "popular girl" center of attention, tons of friends. Then suddenly i fell im still not sure what happened, but now people don't talk me and ignore me in the halls. Yeah i wear darker cloths but i don't think thats the main part of this. I'm not sure what to do but i really need help. Im not going to a hospital. Please help me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: please help me i don't know what to do anymore - February 12th 2010, 08:59 PM

Hey there,
I'm sorry to hear you are going through a lot right now. Highschool can be tough especially when you start sinking down. Don't worry though, you can overcome this. I think you should talk to someone about the way you are feeling. Maybe a family member, friend, teacher, counselor, etc. You may want to read through the sticky: Who Can Help Me When I'm Suicidal? to find someone you trust. I know it can be hard to reach out in the beginning but once you have others by your side to help you, things get easier. That's great you realize you need help. I think if you talk with people about how you feel and that you don't want to go to a hospital, they won't force you to. You may also want to read through the Depression and Suicide Resources to find other people to talk with. Hang in there, it'll get better.
PM me if you ever need anything or just need to talk.
Take care,

Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

Re: please help me i don't know what to do anymore - February 12th 2010, 10:11 PM

Hey,

Welcome to TH.
I'm sorry you have to go through all of this. Being depressed and suicidal is such a hard battle. But you can, and will win.
What your doing on here is reaching out. Have you tried reaching out in real life? To old friends, parents, friends parents, teachers, school nurse, school counslor? Those are all great people who will be more then willing to help you. I know change is hard. Is the main reason your depressed because you lost your friends and you "popular" status? Or, did you loose friends from being depressed? Either way, it is a good thing to talk about with someone who can be there for you. Of course people on this site will always be able to talk. It just will benifit you to talk to someone who you can see.

About being suicidal. I'm sorry to hear that you have spent so much time thinking about. It isn't a great topic to always have in your mind huh? Again, that is a great thing to discuss with anyone who will listen. Pretty much anyone will be willing to help you on this site because thats just how amazing they are. Just realize that no matter how bad life is right now, you never know what could happen tomorrow. I've suffered with depression for 7 years and I'm hoping one of my tomorrows will be the day I get better. You can overcome this. It is treatable and you are not alone!

Also, don't fake how you feel. It doesn't help you in the long run to suppress your feelings. If you angry at school, be angry. If you want to cry, cry. Don't let other peoples opinions of you dictate how you live your days. Plus, if you are genuine in the way you feel, maybe you can make new friends in other cliques. I know change isn't easy, but you can handle it. I'm sure

Take care and PM me anytime.
Incase

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before itís too late
I canít turn that clock back around
On what youíre dreaming about
You better do it now, donít wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  Send a message via MSN to *~Circus Clown~*  
Closed Thread