TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Unhappy cant handle this crap nomore - February 17th 2010, 01:06 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

yeaaaa,so i havent posted in awhile,sorry bout tht...huess ive been pretty decent so i havent needed to...or maybe i jus havent been wanting to admit i need help...idkk...

but anyways,lately ive been faking happy to everyone and anyone i talk to or see....cuz really im like totally and completely depressed nd i jus dnt want them to kno it...dnt wanna bring them down u kno? ive managed to stay away from my SH-ing fer abt a week er two....but ya kno,i cnt keep going with being this depressed and shit...its to hard...

i mean i kinda know whats been causing the depression...myself...i cnt keep my friends happy nor my family....about the only person who seems to be okay with me is my girlfriend,nd tht jus got bak together like not even a week ago(cuz i was a dum idiot-.- long story..). but i mean,lately my parents r mad at me for no reason and my sisters(mainly my lil one)hav been saying "why dont you just go kill yourself",and yes my parents here this,and no,they do NOT do anything about it. i dnt hav a therapist nymre nd prob wont fer a looooong time.

its like everything running through my head is saying i hav no point nd noone rly wants me alive nymre....idkk....sorry this was so long nd u waisted ur time readin it...

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
asyoulikeit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Marissa

Re: cant handle this crap nomore - February 17th 2010, 03:26 AM

Hey Brooke (Brookie is a cute name)

I'm sorry you've been having a rough time lately, but I'm glad you posted. Don't apologize; this is what TH is FOR. I am SO proud of you for staying away from SH during this. That takes alot of strength and you can keep going I promise.

As for not being able to make people happy and putting on a false front for them...I know that feeling all too well and it's not healthy. You can't save everyone you love, so stop trying. Your purpose isn't to make everyone happy and if you keep trying all you'll realize is that the chances of that are slim to none. Sucks, yes, but it's true. I'm sorry your family isn't being helpful right now...have you tried outright telling your parents that catty comments like that aren't appreciated? Even if they end up still ignoring it, you deserve to speak your mind. This way you can't say you didn't try. Whether you realize it or not you are loved and have a support system around you that wants to be used. If it doesn't include your family, find someone else you can trust to understand. And keep posting on here.

If you don't have a therapist right now, please look into getting another one if possible. Look online for facilities in your area or maybe a school counselor at least. A trained expert is extremely helpful and will be able to point you in the right direction as far as individual treatment.

I hope this helped a little; keep posting and take care. Drop me a PM if you need to talk, I'm always here.

When you say "never", I'll say "lie"
When you say "always", I'll say "true"
When you say "love", I'll say "you"
I'll say "you"

It gets better.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: cant handle this crap nomore - February 17th 2010, 03:46 PM

Hey there Brooke,

Things sound like they are going rough but hang in there because it will turn around. It might not seem like it at the moment but keep on holding on and you will see a change.

As for pleasing everybody; I used to be the same way. I wanted to be the perfect person and make everyone happy. I would give up my own happiness as long as those around me were happy and pleased. However, I have recently come to the realization that the only person I can completely please is myself. Of course, I can be there for my friends and family and try to help them when they are struggling but at the end of the day I cannot sacrifice my own happiness for others.

It is really hard to distance myself from those around me and to make myself realize that I cannot make others happy. I do it though and as the days go by I feel better about the whole thing.

As for therapy; why are you not in it? Is there anyway you could talk to your parents about going back? It could be really beneficial.

Lastly, and I am sure you don't want to hear this, ignore your sister. She is younger and she is probably angry about things in her life and taking it out on you. I am sure she does not mean it.

Please hang in there.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: cant handle this crap nomore - February 17th 2010, 10:12 PM

yeaaaaa....dnt be so proud of me fer not SHing...cuz i slipped up earlier today=/ sooo yeaaa...

therapy-my case got closed by my old therapist because i wasnt seeing her enuf fer her to leave it open and she never really cared about my case anyways. but i have a fines due at that place so i cnt go bak there until my parents pay off all those so,until then i hav no therapist...not like i really care...i dont really like talking to ppl about this kind of stuff sooo...

my sister-shes done this before,the last time she did this i ended up going to a mental hospital fer kids like me who had tried to kill themself or were saying they were going to. and i know for fact that she has nothing going on in her life that she needs to tak out on me,she has friends who care abt her alot,she jus dumped her loser of a bf and is with this new guy who reaaaally likes her,she has nothing wrong to tak out on me. she jut doesnt like me that much.

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
NEVERSHOUTNEVER<3
Average Joe

Re: cant handle this crap nomore - February 17th 2010, 10:40 PM

CASSIE SAYS DONT DIE AND SHE LOVES YOU and you reaallllyyy need to know that you could come to me about everything and anything idc...i rly wish you could tlk to mesweetie i dont want you to be upset or cuttin and shizzle...plz iknow its hard, but you know you really do have more people than you think i know you do. and for the people telling you to kill yourself...just ignore it i know its hard,but they have no life and have nothing better to do than put an amazing person down<3 you have way to much going for you and i know you could do anything you wnt<3

how stubborn are the scars when they wont fade away..or just a gentle reminder that now are better days
<3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: cant handle this crap nomore - February 19th 2010, 12:53 AM

If you trust in your friends then have aheart to heart talk with them and let them know how you are suffering. It seems you need a friend to help you through. Tak to your friends and stay with them. And also do what you like to do, something that brings you happiness.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread