TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Oddoneout Offline
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

I was meant to be alone - February 23rd 2010, 01:28 AM

I have always been essenaly alone I am alone and I will always be alone

it is the only posible outcome

as a kid I hated aboslutly everyone for one simple reason, they hated me

I don't remember most of it I don't want to remember it I know that I have been alone from the start and because of that I can't interact properly with people

I don't show emotion in the past it was because I couldn't show it or others would take advantage of the weakness and now I don't show it because I forgot how

I have freinds but mostly because I don't annoy anyone because I don't say anything I spend all my time listining and I only realy hear half of what is said the rest I don't realy hear because I drift off when I don't understand the subject

I understand math computers and sience

that is IT! I can't do ANYTHING outside of those feilds, I can't carry a conversation with most people and the only person I ever met that I actualy understand moved away, I don't think I am going to win the lottery a second time

they told me I am lucky to be able to understand what I do but realy it is all useless because I will never be able to enjoy life

wanna talk?

AIM: oddoneout667
MSN: dancl667@hotmail.com

with or without religion a good person will do good and an evil one will do evil
  Send a message via AIM to Oddoneout Send a message via MSN to Oddoneout  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Oddoneout Offline
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

Re: I was meant to be alone - February 23rd 2010, 01:45 AM

I would like to add something,

I read somewhere that being nice/considerate is a good way to gain freinds

that is compleat fucking bullshit, people want to hang around interesting people being nice is not the same as being interesting the most popular people I know are assholes they got a crowd of people following them around listining to every fucking thing they say and girls all over them, being nice doesn't do shit

wanna talk?

AIM: oddoneout667
MSN: dancl667@hotmail.com

with or without religion a good person will do good and an evil one will do evil
  Send a message via AIM to Oddoneout Send a message via MSN to Oddoneout  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: I was meant to be alone - February 23rd 2010, 07:56 PM

Hey Daniel,

Sometimes in life some people are just meant to be alone, I know that probably won't help much. But you know what you are good at, perhaps you can get a good career in one of those fields?

I don't really get on much with people my age, I find it hard to engage with them because of things that have happened in the past. Maybe that is similar to you?

I wouldn't say being nice and considerate is the only way to make friends, but it certainly is part of it. The most popular people in school may not be nice and most people probably don't even like them! They might not like each other within their group, but feel they have to stay in it to be popular.

Is there one close friend who you can talk to more than the others, say? Or someone you sit next to in a lesson that you can start talking to them and build up a friendship that way. Try to engage with them more and enter into conversations, or fully listening and try to look like you are, that way they will think you care about what they are saying.

I don't think every kid hates you at all, I don't believe that. I understand what you say about showing emotion, I don't really show emotion to my friends but it doesn't particularly effect things.

PM me if you need anything,
Take care <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: I was meant to be alone - February 26th 2010, 12:40 AM

Hello there Daniel. How are you ! Hope you are doing better at the moment you are reading this. Well onto the issue now :

1.) Unless you are a prophet or can move faster than light and see the future, don't say that being alone is the only outcome. Because it isn't. I can see why you said this, and it is understandable, but remember, every passing minute is a chance to change things. Be yourself and be a good person. Just because many people won't be your friends doesn't mean that what read was wrong, it just means people are now different.

2.) Start making acquaintances and slowly they will progress to friends but you have to let this happen on its own. By this i mean you can't force people to be your friends. And also, don't think you will be alone, be yourself and you will find that whom you seek.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: I was meant to be alone - February 28th 2010, 07:10 PM

Things will get better in time. Might be that people want to be let in, but you build a barrier. It took me till 21 years old to realize this - plus, I wasn't being myself. I used to think I was meant to be the lone wolf and I could only be the lone wolf. But, what I'm coming to realize is that's not the case - not even close. Plus that outsider lone wolf aspect, I think some girls are attracted to that - or what I've found so far - so that becomes somewhat of an advantage once you figure out how to use it. I'm Batman - which a lot would argue is one of the most if not the most bad ass figure around; and from the sounds of it - you're kinda the same. Hang in there, things'll start coming together. Might take a couple years, but there's an exit.

Closed Thread