TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Haley Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Haley

I'm depressed and I don't know how to handle it anymore. - February 23rd 2010, 02:42 AM

I've been going through a lot lately. Back in September, my parents got custody of one of my friends and she's done nothing but make my life hell since then. I try, try, TRY to be nice to her, but it isn't that easy. She's manipulative and a pathological liar. I understand that she's been through a lot, but I feel like my parents are forgoing that and just letting her slide because of her past. I'm constantly in a bad mood and I have absolutely no motivation. I've faked sick from work the past three days just so I could sit at home and cry, because I'm such a nervous wreck. I know how it sounds- stupid, ridiculous. I'm seventeen, what do I have to be stressed about? I have a history of depression and anxiety, but I've never felt like this before. I feel like there's no one I can go to. My parents don't listen to me. They pretend to, but I know what I say doesn't matter to them. Last time I went to a teacher, things got completely out of hand and my mom hates all teachers now. I know that if I went to my counselor, she would think I was just asking for attention because of the fact that I've had panic attacks at school and she's, well, a bitch. I'm graduating soon and I have no clue what I want to do with my life. The things I'm good at, I can't get a stable career out of. I don't do anything I love to do anymore. I asked my mom for lunch money the other day and she started yelling at me about how I need to stop blowing my money on stupid stuff. Let me just say, this is the day after her birthday when I've spent almost fifty dollars on her birthday gift. I work at Sonic. My check is about a hundred dollars a week. I have no one to talk to, and I've never felt so alone, even when this happened before.
I'm already on medication- prozac. I thought it was helping for a while.

Give me something to believe in
a breath from the breathing
so write it down
I don't think that I'll close my eyes
'cause lately I'm not dreaming
so what's the point in sleeping?
it's just that at night
I've got nowhere to hide.
  Send a message via AIM to Haley Send a message via MSN to Haley Send a message via Yahoo to Haley  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: I'm depressed and I don't know how to handle it anymore. - February 23rd 2010, 05:35 PM

Hey Haley,

You aren't alone in this. We are always here for you no matter what.

Have you tried talking to your parents about your friend? What ever has happened must be hard for all 3 of them. Maybe they don't think how it is affecting you and what you think about it. If they refuse to try and do anything, then try and ignore your friend as much as you can, don't get angry just walk off and breathe, take time to calm down.

If you don't get on with your current counsellor, why don't you ask to see another one? It is important that to get the best out of counselling that you are with someone you are comfortable with. I really think you should go and talk to someone about how you've been feeling, someone you can trust though - but ideally someone who can also get you help - a doctor, a different therapist? Or, you could ring a hotline and chat to someone there about it and get things off your chest (click here for ones you could ring). That might make you feel a bit better.

What is it that you are good at?

In terms of your mum snapping, she's probably going through a tough time as well. Try not to take too much of it to heart as she's probably stressed and tired, in which case she will be more irritable and say things she doesn't really mean. I think she does care regardless of whether she shows it or not. Everyone on here cares for you though, we are all here for you

If the medication isn't helping, try talking to your doctor to see if they can change it or something like that. There isn't really much point in taking it if it isn't going to help you.

Stay strong and feel free to PM me if you need anything or want to talk,
Take care <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Suicidal16 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Samy

Re: I'm depressed and I don't know how to handle it anymore. - February 23rd 2010, 08:49 PM

I Think Your Mum Is Probably Just Stressed And She May Not Be Handling Your Depression Well, That May Be Why She Is Being How She Is. Thats How My Mum Reacted. As For Friends I Know How It Feels To Lose A Good Mate As I Have Just Lost My Clostest Mate Too. Just Think If They Dont Need You Then You Dont Need Them. Keep Strong Hun xx

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: I'm depressed and I don't know how to handle it anymore. - February 26th 2010, 12:45 AM

To me it seems your problem isn't mental. Its emotional. No medicine can cure your soul except you. To me i think you do need to talk to someone you trust and a worthwhile friend. But you know what, not only can a friend do but also someone who you trust someone close. Even a family member. I would suggest your family, but perhaps you wouldn't try that after what happened. So I suggest you hang on until you get someone you can talk to, someone who is a true friend.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread