TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Exclamation they dont want me - February 23rd 2010, 10:44 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

my family dont want me, uni doesnt want me, im worthless and a waste of space so what is the point in living? i just cant do this anymore adn need to die. I have pretty much everything in order and just need the opportunity to do it now. i want it to be tonight but i wont be alone. just cant do this
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: they dont want me - February 23rd 2010, 11:02 AM

No Georgia, you aren't worthless, you aren't a waste of space and your family do want you, whether they show it or not.

Your family love you Georgia, what do you think they would do if you died tonight? If they found out now what you were planning? Don't you think they would be devastated? I do.

Try to stay strong and positive. The uni's don't know what they will miss out on! But at the moment it's so hard to get into a uni, because less people are going into jobs so they go to uni which increases competition. I know lots of people, even with straight A's who got rejected from 5 universities. It's nothing personal Georgia, I promise.

I don't know what you have planned, but is there any chance you can get rid of the things you will use? The fact you posted shows you want help and you aren't 100% sure you want to go through with this, which is a good thing and you don't have to go through with it!

Jeremiah 29v11 - you said it helped.. Keep reading it and remember what God has planned! He cares for you and loves you so so much Georgia (Romans 8v38-39). Maybe one day these experiences will help you with something and make you a stronger person.

You need to stay strong, you can do this! You don't deserve these feelings and you can beat them.
PM me if you need too,
Take care of yourself <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: they dont want me - February 23rd 2010, 11:06 AM

they dont want me, they told me so themselves! and my mum emotionally abuses me..they would appreciate not haveing to worry or care about me.
I cant get rid of them...i need to do this.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: they dont want me - February 23rd 2010, 11:13 AM

Do they know about how you are feeling? It could be that they don't fully understand it and are almost scared because they don't know how to react.

Georgia, you really don't have to do this! It won't solve anything, especially if it doesn't work - it will only cause more problems I guarantee it.

Is there anyone else that you can talk to about this?

Take care <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alisha

Re: they dont want me - February 23rd 2010, 01:04 PM

Death is a permanet solution to a temporary problem. Everything gets better at some point. Just have hope. It's always the light in the dark for me and maybe it can for you. I don't really know what to say about your parents. I mean I know what I'd do. I'd try getting away for a while. Hang out with a friend or go for a LONG walk (a couple days)

Everthing I see seems to be a lie. And everything you see in me you think is the truth. But, really all you see is what I'm masking the real me with. You never see me cry. Because I'll never let you. And you'll never see me die because I feel like I already have in a way.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: they dont want me - February 23rd 2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffeekitten View Post
they dont want me, they told me so themselves! and my mum emotionally abuses me..they would appreciate not haveing to worry or care about me.
I cant get rid of them...i need to do this.
What you're seeing here is probably temporary anger from your parents. OF COURSE they care about you, and no matter how much they may act like they DON'T care, they would be completely hurt if you were to kill yourself.

Have you tried telling anyone (friend, teacher, family, doctor, etc) how you feel? Just having somebody there to LISTEN can be of great help/

You'll get through this. Please don't end your life to end a temporary problem. Please...

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: they dont want me - February 23rd 2010, 04:30 PM

WE love you. Everyone here cares. I know it's not the same as having your parents, a best friend who you can hang out with, etc. ....But somebody does care, somebody loves you and wants you here on this Earth. Like "SuperBrunetteCutie4Ever" said, death is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You can recover from this and do great things with your life. I promise you. Please send me a message whenever you need to.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Kristen♡ Offline
A puzzle in the making
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kristen

Re: they dont want me - February 23rd 2010, 04:55 PM

Megan said it best. We care, and I'm sure they do want you! Everyone says things they don't mean when they get angry, and I'm sure they're just angry for whatever reason. You'll be okay. Just talk to us when you're feeling down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1 View Post
WE love you. Everyone here cares. I know it's not the same as having your parents, a best friend who you can hang out with, etc. ....But somebody does care, somebody loves you and wants you here on this Earth. Like "SuperBrunetteCutie4Ever" said, death is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You can recover from this and do great things with your life. I promise you. Please send me a message whenever you need to.

I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons.
And maybe we’ll never know most of them.
But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from,
we can still choose where we go from there.
We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.

PM|VM|EMAIL
Colyn Riley ♥

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Re: they dont want me - February 24th 2010, 10:14 AM

hey guys, thats nice to know....my mum is constantly yelling at me and trying to mess with my head, its not temporary, ive been putting up with it for about a year now
yes I have spoken to people about it and ive tried getting away from it but every time i have a break from my mum it just makes things worse when i go back and i want to live with my friend but im waiting for her agreement.
Ive tried telling my mum but she wont listen or accept any responsibility for anything!
I've tried to end it 4 times in the past, but i failed cos i messed up..i know that i did wrong and will correct it this time.
I just feel so crap! I really need to end it, I cant go on like this!
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: they dont want me - February 24th 2010, 02:54 PM

Georgia you are so strong, you've managed through a year and you can get through a little bit longer. If there's a possibility of you moving in with your friend then that's a positive step, well done for reaching out.

Things will start to get better, it always does. When you feel you've hit rock bottom, the only way to go is up, yes? Things will start to get better, whether you believe it or not.

Okay so talking to your mum doesn't really work. Try using the support around you to the best you can and it should help you more. Try talking to your doctor, I know you've said you've spoken to people but tell them how you feel now.

Could you try and remove anything around you that isn't safe, anything that you could use in a negative way to hurt yourself.

Please look after yourself and stay safe,
Take care <3

Last edited by Beautiful Disaster; February 24th 2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: sorry, wrong spelling.

Closed Thread