TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
HumanMist Offline
Legend!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mystery

I guess this falls under depression. - February 23rd 2010, 07:43 PM

Hey, This is a stupidly complicated situation...
I go to college with this girl, she's living with her boy friend and hey boy friends mother.

his mom hates her guts... and the only reason she took her in at all was because she wanted to rip this girl and her son apart, ending their relationship. ever since this girl ran away from her parents with the boy she's lived with him... and his mom has being making up ever more imaginative lies to rip them apart.

well their relationship isn't perfect... they argue a fair bit, sometimes about me, because he thinks I like her, or she likes me... regardless it's completely wrong, I see her as nothing more than a friend... and I assume she see's me the same way.

well anyway, she's not my only friend at college, but she was my first and is my best... but her, her boy friend and his mom had a row on Sunday... things were said, and him and her have 1 week to move out...

this wouldn't be so bad, except his mom spoke to his brother and sister and now they will take Him in but not my friend... so she has to move back to her mom's... over 5 hours away... I'm the only person she's told this to, excluding the teacher... I'm feeling so depressed... I love her so much... she's one of my best friends...

I've spoke to my family and they don't want to get involved,I can't offer her to stay with me... the college can't help until she's 18... she's 16 right now. and her boy friends plan of action is to send her back to her mom's (5 hours away) and get enough money to buy a house... he's a post man, that's a long time...

I guess my question is... is there anything I can do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: I guess this falls under depression. - February 23rd 2010, 08:02 PM

have you explained to you rfamily that this girl is one of your best friends and you care about her very much and do NOT think her going back to her mothers house is a very good idea? maybe if you told your family that they would be a little more leaniant towards her coming to stay at your house.

if i may ask,why did she run away from her mothers house? maybe if your family knew the reason,theyd let her stay?

sorry of this deosnt really help..

~Brookie

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: I guess this falls under depression. - February 23rd 2010, 08:04 PM

Hey there,

This seems like a really tough situation, I'm sorry to hear about it all.

I think the best thing you can do is offer to be there for your friend whenever she needs someone, and help in anyway you can. It must be really hard for you to face losing a friend, but can you still keep in touch? MSN, texting or emailing? That way at least you won't completely lose her.

Why did she run away from her family in the first place? I'm sorry that her boyfriend's mum is being like this, it isn't fair.

PM me if you need any support, sorry I wasn't much help.
Take care <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
HumanMist Offline
Legend!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I guess this falls under depression. - February 23rd 2010, 08:15 PM

she never told me why she ran away, only that it was from her father, not her mother... who are now divorced... Um My family is fully aware of the situation, as fully informed as I am... they know I care for her, but are convinced that bringing her into our house would only bring the problems to us...

as for the text email ect. at her mothers, there is no computer, so that throws msn and email out the window... and she's broke a lot of the time, throwing text out the window... I'm so afraid of losing her :/... and you were helpful

I just appreciate the support

(#5 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I guess this falls under depression. - February 23rd 2010, 08:28 PM

so she really has no problem with moving back to her mothers then? well,other than its 5 hours away and everything?

is she still going to go to the same college?
if so,u wuld still see her alot,and u guys culd always hang out on the weekends er work ssomething out?

maybe her mom culd get her a computer or a fone? i know they arent very cheap,but its jus a suggestion.

~Brookie

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

(#6 (permalink)) Old
HumanMist Offline
Legend!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I guess this falls under depression. - February 23rd 2010, 08:54 PM

nah, she's leaving my life for good... I just wanna break down a cry... I mean I know it's harder on her. Maybe I do have feelings for her after all...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: I guess this falls under depression. - February 23rd 2010, 09:34 PM

Sweetie, stay strong for you and her!

I know it may be old fashioned, but what about writing? Yea it will take longer and things but maybe even if it's just once in a while so you can keep in touch.

And don't worry about wanting to cry. Crying isn't a bad thing, it helps release your emotions so they don't eat you up inside. It can be really useful!

I don't know if you have feelings for her, only you can decide that. But it's normal to want to cry when your best friend leaves. Mine left a while ago and I just cried for a few nights. It's nothing to be ashamed of, really.

PM me if you need too and here for you all the way,
Take care <3

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Suicidal16 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Samy

Re: I guess this falls under depression. - February 23rd 2010, 09:39 PM

If She Is Going To A College At Her Mums She Could Email You Via College Email x

(#9 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I guess this falls under depression. - February 23rd 2010, 11:19 PM

so what if u do have feelings for her,u cnt control your feelings. but if u hav to talk to her,id go with what was said before,letters.

how come u guys cant hang out on weekends er something?i kno u said its a 5 hour drive nd all tht,but as long as you two worked something out,it culd work?

~Brookie

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Suicidal16 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Samy

Re: I guess this falls under depression. - February 23rd 2010, 11:25 PM

Brook Is Right! You Can Write Letters To Each Other, See Thats A Positive Thing!! xx

(#11 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Re: I guess this falls under depression. - February 24th 2010, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal16 View Post
Brook Is Right! You Can Write Letters To Each Other, See Thats A Positive Thing!! xx
u fergot the e in my name lol sorry,it bothers me when ppl do tht plus theres another brook on here who spells her name like tht,u guys cn jus call me brookie if u wnt tho.

not trying to mak u feel bad er nything,jus so u kno is all

~Brookie

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: I guess this falls under depression. - February 26th 2010, 12:56 AM

Try and ask you family once again to help. It is understandable that they don't want problems so ask them to give it a small try and see how things go.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread