TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
nintenfreak92 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chris

Unhappy Dream triggered intense depression - March 1st 2010, 03:01 AM

My school's winter dance was last night and even though I get really depressed by dances I went to it. A big group of my friends went out to dinner beforehand and then swimming afterwards, and I had lots of fun and felt fine when I got home. That night I had a very vivid dream of me and one person who went to the dance with us having intense sex. (I do have a bit of a crush on this person but I thought I got past it because it wasn't going to happen, I'm a senior he's a freshman, I'm gay he's straight.) But when I woke up I found myself very depressed. And it has continued throughout the day, escalating to where I have broken down and cried twice about absolutly nothing, and I have had an intense anger towards anyone who talks to me. I cant ask my parents to take me to a doctor because they say they will but never do. I don't know what to do, I really dont want to feel like this tomorrow while i'm at school, especially because I'll have to see the dream guy there and then it could get worse.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: Dream triggered intense depression - March 1st 2010, 06:01 AM

I don't know if this will help, but just accept it. I've known I was bi since around 16 or 17, or that's when it started to become more noticeable. I felt really odd about it and sometimes nervous and not knowing how to react. That lasted for years. Finally, I was able to just accept it and whenever those thoughts come into my mind - not ashamed anymore. That's just who I am and it feels better embracing it than denying it.

You have a crush on a guy, there's nothing wrong with that; nothing different in your head. You're just you, accept you for who you are. You're great just the way you are. Trying to be anyone else or conform to anything else is just gonna make you feel worse, believe me.

If it's an age thing - kinda normal, now if you were say thirty that might be a time to question; but it's all cool in our age ranges to like somebody younger or older.

I don't know the situation, but it seems you know you're gay; the next question now is are you fighting it or accepting it? Why would liking a guy in school trouble you? Are you feeling like you're not being completely yourself around others (which is what the dream could mean, or could have just been a 'fantasy' with someone you're interested in (which is normal).

Just be you. You like a guy in school, there's nothing wrong with that. If it's that he's straight and you can't be a couple, you're still young and there's plenty of other guys still out there. Accept who you are, embrace who you are, and don't try to deny or bury it - just gonna build that way - just be you.

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; March 1st 2010 at 06:07 AM.

Closed Thread