TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bumble Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Am I creepy??? - March 1st 2010, 05:53 AM

I don't make friends easily. Let alone have any friends. So I'm constantly on the search for friends. So I met a guy in class whose a total sweetheart and down to earth who actually showed interest in what I had to say. So I thought, oh, maybe i'm not a total loser. I added him on facebook and he would post a few, cute comments on my wall. I was really happy, I met someone awesome. however, not more than a few weeks later he had removed me off his friend list, and blocked me from searching him. I dont think I did anything wrong, creepish or disgusting! ...Besides the fact that I tried to find him on facebook search. but that was only because I wanted to message him why I couldnt post on his wall. Not only did he remove me from his friend list but he made sure I couldn't find him on facebook. ever.
I don't understand. I didnt think I was that repulsive.
Seriously I could tell you the whole relationship we had during that month. We didnt do anything didnt say nasty stuff to each other or anything.
It hurts me.
Am I allowed to post urls here? because I started blogging about all these small things that happens to me that confuses me. and i wanted people to read some and see if they could analyze whats wrong with me....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pheonix Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Am I creepy??? - March 1st 2010, 06:26 AM

You're very vague about your relationship. You only go into the online details. The only offline one I have, is that you met in class. You talk a little about what he said on your wall, but you don't mention how often you wrote on his wall or exactly what it was. Everyone has their own idea of what creepy is and he might feel that you said or did something creepy, that you thought was just fine, but he isn't you, so he might not agree. How did you behave towards him at school? Did you go out of your way to talk to him or find him more often than not? I will not say you weren't creepy, since you gave me too few details to make that call. I have been in a situation where I got overly excited about a new friend and he thought I was creepy when I hadn't seen exactly what I was doing. It really wasn't that bad and wasn't going to go any further, but how could he have known that? You might have been doing things that he thought were creepy, but how could he have known what you were thinking or going to end up doing? This is a very subjective situation. I need more details of your interactions to form an opinion. Just think about them to yourself. How did you behave around him? Did you try and find him places around school? Did you get information about him from another person? I am just grasping at straws here, as to what may seem innocent to one person and not another. I have no idea what you may have done. You should think about it and try and see your actions from his mind, since he only saw what you were doing and couldn't read your mind. He had to use his imagination to try and figure that out.

Talk to him???? Say, hey, I like making new friends and I think I might have creeped you out. You seem to be a nice person and down to earth, which I don't find often, so I am sorry that I might have come on too strong. I understand if you don't want to be friends, but could you let me know what I'm doing, so I don't creep anybody else out?

We're not psychic and we can only guess what he might have been thinking. The only way you'll know is if you ask, so I suggest you do that in class, since it is public and safe.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bumble Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Am I creepy??? - March 1st 2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
You're very vague about your relationship. You only go into the online details. The only offline one I have, is that you met in class. You talk a little about what he said on your wall, but you don't mention how often you wrote on his wall or exactly what it was. Everyone has their own idea of what creepy is and he might feel that you said or did something creepy, that you thought was just fine, but he isn't you, so he might not agree. How did you behave towards him at school? Did you go out of your way to talk to him or find him more often than not? I will not say you weren't creepy, since you gave me too few details to make that call. I have been in a situation where I got overly excited about a new friend and he thought I was creepy when I hadn't seen exactly what I was doing. It really wasn't that bad and wasn't going to go any further, but how could he have known that? You might have been doing things that he thought were creepy, but how could he have known what you were thinking or going to end up doing? This is a very subjective situation. I need more details of your interactions to form an opinion. Just think about them to yourself. How did you behave around him? Did you try and find him places around school? Did you get information about him from another person? I am just grasping at straws here, as to what may seem innocent to one person and not another. I have no idea what you may have done. You should think about it and try and see your actions from his mind, since he only saw what you were doing and couldn't read your mind. He had to use his imagination to try and figure that out.

Talk to him???? Say, hey, I like making new friends and I think I might have creeped you out. You seem to be a nice person and down to earth, which I don't find often, so I am sorry that I might have come on too strong. I understand if you don't want to be friends, but could you let me know what I'm doing, so I don't creep anybody else out?

We're not psychic and we can only guess what he might have been thinking. The only way you'll know is if you ask, so I suggest you do that in class, since it is public and safe.
We didnt do anything. We barely get to talk since he's in a different lab group. The times we talk its about the teacher being unclear and ridiculous or about music or a movie (and theyre all about how awesome this concert was or how stupid a movie was. And none of which was offensive or hurful towards him. i mean how could it?). I thought he was cute so i posted a friendly invite to a movie through facebook. I gave him my number. But I took it a sign when he didnt call me. but then when we got a break from lab groups he came up to me "so how about that movie?" I was surprised, he was making an effort to hang out with me despite the lack of conversation between us. This was literally our last conversation: I said "How about saturday?"/ "I cant, I have work"/ "ok you have my number." / "yea, ill give you a call and plan something out". Realizing I dont have his number, I decided to facebook him. and what do you know! hes not my friend anymore. In fact he doesnt want me to send him a friend request. What did i do wrong here?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
bumble Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Am I creepy??? - March 1st 2010, 07:21 AM

Oh, another note, this could be an accident? no it couldnt. as a constant facebook user, you have to physically go through the list of friends and pick out the specific person you want to remove. and alter your user settings so that you appear invisible to that specific person you removed.
Thats why i take facebook friends seriously.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Pheonix Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Am I creepy??? - March 1st 2010, 08:05 PM

Well, if everything is that simple, then the only thing I can think is that somebody told him something about you. Is there anybody you might have freaked out in the past? Do you have a bad reputation for anything? This may or may not be deserved, but if there are rumors going around or there is somebody who doesn't like you he's spoken with and he's susceptible, then this could explain it. With what you've given me, I can't see any other reason, but there very well could be. He might have personality problems and anxieties you know nothing about? I'd say just go up to him in class and say, I noticed you deleted me off of Facebook. I'm not mad, but I'd like to know why so I don't have to wonder. I say, if you want an answer, you're going to have to ask him. Do you know of anything going around about you or of anyone who might have bad feelings towards you for any reason?
You don't sound creepy from what you've said, so I think the problem has to be outside of you. I think you need to ask him to get an answer.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
feelmagroin Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Coby

Re: Am I creepy??? - March 1st 2010, 08:30 PM

Ok in my opinion maybe since you didnt phone him he thought you stood him up? And yea i think ur a bit creepy (no offense)

(#7 (permalink)) Old
bumble Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Am I creepy??? - March 2nd 2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmagroin View Post
Ok in my opinion maybe since you didnt phone him he thought you stood him up? And yea i think ur a bit creepy (no offense)
how so? an explanation would be nice.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
feelmagroin Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Coby

Re: Am I creepy??? - March 2nd 2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumble View Post
how so? an explanation would be nice.
well first of i think you should have just found him at school and said "oh btw i lost your number what is it again?" and by doing that u wuld have probably gotten his number than foned him

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Chibicat16 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Krystal

Re: Am I creepy??? - March 3rd 2010, 03:25 AM

ur not creepy first of all. It has to be something someone has told him about you. Or maybe he noticed the 2 of u were getting to close....i dunno

(#10 (permalink)) Old
bumble Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Am I creepy??? - March 6th 2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmagroin View Post
well first of i think you should have just found him at school and said "oh btw i lost your number what is it again?" and by doing that u wuld have probably gotten his number than foned him
yea, I dont need someone with a username feelmagroin to call me creepy.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Am I creepy??? - March 6th 2010, 11:23 PM

Are you sure he didn't delete his facebook? I don't think you were being creepy at all.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#12 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Am I creepy??? - March 7th 2010, 01:47 AM

Perhaps he deleted Facebook and that would be why he isn't on your friends list and you can't find him.
When you see him in School or someplace sometime, just casually ask him why he did that, ask him if you did anything wrong but from what you said it doesn't seem like you did. You don't seem creepy at all, I think if he had deleted you then he's being a jerk.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Am I creepy??? - March 9th 2010, 10:30 PM

As for me, you didn't do anything wrong. Surely that was a simple thing you were doing and had no bearing towards being a bad or creepy person. You didn't do anything wrong. Unless there is something else you aren't saying ! But if that is what happened, then you didn't do anything wrong. And also, you don't sound creepy, you surely don't.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Gixxers rock Offline
should now be "VFRs rock"
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Am I creepy??? - March 10th 2010, 06:16 AM

My first intuition is that he closed his facebook account. I know some people that do so for various reasons. Btw I didn't know someone could prevent you from searching for them.

I am the Stig's brother in law.

Race me on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue! My nickname is patrakoffman-64

Closed Thread