TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

Trigg:SH....WHY!?!?!?!?!?!? - March 3rd 2010, 08:18 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I just don't understand this....Everyone in life has problems....everyone at some point gets depressed....Everyone has family, friend and relshionship problems....So why do my friends get over things at max in a week and I am taking over 2 years....Why is it that they can talk about how they are feeling and I self harm and have eating problems.

Its just pathetic ...Im pathetic....Everytime I try and explain how I am feeling everytime I try and open up and let people I either freeze up and get emoional or the person I open up to tells me just to get over it...just be happy...just stop....ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE. Though I don't understand why...I want to eat healthily and I try to yet everyday I fail...Self harm wise I am a week away from lasting a month...so why dont I feel happy about it...I want the blade and cuts back in my life WHY its just stupid and proves how worthless I am...Why cant I wake up and be happy and content and positive....But no I cant sleep and go through each day feeling incredibly low and wish I didnt exsist....

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  Send a message via MSN to Liz94  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Trigg:SH....WHY!?!?!?!?!?!? - March 3rd 2010, 09:33 PM

Hey there,

You are not pathetic, I promise you that! Everyone deals with the things life throws at them differently... People react to their situations differently. Some people are willing to talk to anyone and everyone about their problems, whereas others prefer to bottle them up and keep them to themself.

You are not worthless either. Lots of people care about you, whether they show it or not. I think people reacted to you like that because they don't fully understand what it is like. Could you tell them a website to look at? There are plenty of good websites that try to explain it to friends/relatives of people who self harm. That could help people understand it slightly better. That way you can't freeze up and you might find you include or explain everything better.

Have you tried writing down your emotions? Perhaps keep a blog on here or write in a journal, it can be good for releasing our pent up emotions and if you feel brave enough, you could even show it to someone. Also, instead of talking to someone could you write them a letter? Explain how you feel, how other people have reacted in the past and include some websites that can help explain things better.

If you want to eat healthily and not cut, that's great! You are so strong to admit that and you are strong enough to get through it. Try checking out the Alternatives thread (click here) for ideas to try and do instead of self harming. If one doesn't work, try another and keep trying - there are plenty on there and it is a case of finding one that works for you.

PM me if you ever need a chat and stay strong.
Take care.
Anna

Closed Thread