TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shattered_soul Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

How can ever be happy again? - March 4th 2010, 09:00 PM

I have been suffering from depression for while now, and I think it's getting worse. I feel so unhappy all of the time, and I feel so lost and alone, like there's no one who can understand and no one who can help. I can be in a room full of people and feel like I'm the only person alive. I hate it. I don't think I will ever be happy again. Everything makes me feel like I just want to escape this world.
I used to be so sure of everything and now I don't know anything. I have given up all of my hobbies because I just don't see the point any more.
I used to be a strong believer in God but now I think, how could God let anyone feel like this?
I don't care about anything any more, I just don't see the point to life. I always feel like I could just curl up and cry and cut.
Does anyone else ever feel the same way? How can I be happy again?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chibicat16 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Krystal

Re: How can ever be happy again? - March 5th 2010, 02:39 AM

I was exactly the same way a month ago, everywhere i went i was insulted, and when i would ask for help or tell people things they would laugh at me and say i was making it up or i was crazy.
I wish i could help with the happiness part, but i had to just take it one day at a time. I had to tell my sister to hide knifes from me or i would hide them from myself. Or go somewhere where its quite, like outside and just listen to nature....
i hope this helps some.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: How can ever be happy again? - March 5th 2010, 03:37 PM

Hey,

I am sorry that you are feeling like this. It is your depression telling you that you will never be happy again. You can be happy again; things can change for the better. It won't happen overnight but it can happen so you won't have to feel like this forever. I know when you are depressed you feel like doing nothing but really that is not the answer and will only make you feel worse. You need to do things and try to stay busy to keep your mind occupied. You might not feel like it but you have to push yourself because you might find you feel a bit better if you did something.

I am here if you want to chat. Stay strong.

Closed Thread