TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dondon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Every min of every day i feel depressed - March 8th 2010, 08:57 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi,

This is the first time I've spoken to anyone about this, so please bear with me.

I started a new school year about 6-7 months ago, and within the first 2 weeks I was picked on and bullied. Ever since, not a single day has passed without a word or two being thrown at me by ignorant idiots, simply because they're bored and want someone to pick on.

I've mostly waved comments aside, because it's the sort of people that get kicks out of bullying others that won't fight back, not out of cowardice, but because I have more than an ounce of morale fibre and will always take the high road in any situation.

Now it's reached a climax, and I've suddenly realised - why me? Why should they care about me? What have I done to deserve this? I've never been agressive towards them, never hit back - if anything, I've made an effort to be friendly, but it just doesn't seem to work... Now I know that in 10 years time I'll be earning (I hope) millions of pounds a second, and they'll likely be working in McDonalds earning just enough to pay for their next piercing, but right now I feel like ****. I've gone off my food, I've had suicidal thoughts and have even started self-harming.

It's got to the point where I'm turning to alcohol to solve my problem, but I know that'll just make things worse. I dread going to school everyday because I know what's in store for me. I would never do anything to intentionally hurt someone, but if I can't find a way to solve this soon, I'm going to do something I'll regret for the rest of my life.

So please, anyone that can give me any advice, just help... And thank you... *thumbs up*

Last edited by Dondon; March 8th 2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: more appropriate forum

(#2 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Every min of every day i feel depressed - March 9th 2010, 01:09 PM

Hey there,

Well done for speaking out - that is so brave and you are strong! I believe you can get through this. You showed strength to reach out, I believe you have the strength to beat this.

If it is getting this bad, it is a serious incident and you don't deserve any of this. Is there any chance you can talk to a teacher or a parent about this? In terms of you self harming, in the long run it will cause you a lot more problems than it is worth. Check out the Alternatives thread (click here) and see if you can find something that will work for you, something that will give you the same release that self harming does. If the first thing doesn't work then try another, and keep trying until you find one that works for you. Sometimes it can be good to have more than one because then you can choose between them depending on your emotions.

Hold on to the future, you want to earn a lot of money and a good job right? Keep focusing on that, that is your reason for going to school and doing well. You can do this. You are worth so much. Remember that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It may not seem like it now, but things will get better - I can guarantee it. You never know, next week something amazing could happen.

Here if you need me,
Take care.
Anna

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

Re: Every min of every day i feel depressed - March 10th 2010, 10:41 PM

Hey there,

I'm so sorry things seem to be getting out of control.
People tend to bully others because it makes them feel superior. I think its great that you have choosen to take a moral high road, instead of sinking to their level. Unfortunately, it is hard to keep up that way of thinking when your constantly being bullied huh?

I think the best thing for you to do, would be to talk to a school counselor. Since you are worried about doing something you will regret, it would be good to have someone intervene in your life before you do.

No one has the right to belittle you like these people are. You seem like a strong individual, with a good head on your shoulders. I'm sure you did nothing to antagonize this, so you have every right to ask, "why me?" Bullies are very crule! I'm so sorry.

Suicide is a very scary thought to have. Now, I do not know everything about your situation and I won't pretend that I do. But, do you think suicide is the best way to handle what is going on in your life? Do you have any idea what is around the corner for you? Things can change really fast! List has a lot of twists and turns, you'd be surprised what can happen next.

Don't give up. Do what you are doing- reach out! Even if it is just to a teacher. At least he/she can give you some advice on how to deal with the situation. I think it is amazing that you reached out on here. Unfortunately, we are not there and we can't make them stop. Try reaching out to someone who can!!!

Just remember. No one has the right to make you feel bad about yourself. Stand up for yourself. You are your best advocate.

Take care, I wish you luck with these bullies!
PM me anytime.

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before itís too late
I canít turn that clock back around
On what youíre dreaming about
You better do it now, donít wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  Send a message via MSN to *~Circus Clown~*  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Chibicat16 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Krystal

Re: Every min of every day i feel depressed - March 11th 2010, 10:44 AM

well first thing, make sure you never give up on school.

secondly ive been told that the people that have hurt u in the past will see u in the future, and they'll apologize for there wrongdoing and u can show them how good u are doing by showing them u did better than them in life. most of the millionaires out there were picked on growing up and look at them now.

those people that are bullying you dont know how to handle the things in there life so thats why they let it out at u....thats what i had to keep in my mind every single day going to school...and u right those people are bored....which is a stupid way to handle boredem, but what there doing to u WILL come back to them.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Every min of every day i feel depressed - March 13th 2010, 12:23 AM

Hey there !! I know what it feels like to be bullied and wonder why me !! But you know what, forget those guys, live your life but not in a bad way(as turning to alcohol for example). But enjoy it. I know School may be bad but you have to stand your ground and just forget those guys, don't fight back because if you do, you're the one who will suffer even though you were suffering first.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ilovemyboxofchocolateslif e<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nev

Re: Every min of every day i feel depressed - March 13th 2010, 01:27 AM

Hi Dondon
Welcome to TH!

I'm really sorry that you've had to go through all of that after moving to a new school D : but it's really great of you, to keep up the sort of mindset that allows you to rise above. You're very strong (even if you don't quite see it), and I'm really, really glad you came here and spoke out.

For anyone to treat you that way is wrong, and you certainly don't deserve it. As determined as anyone might be to take the high road, it doesn't stop them from being affected... and nothing is worth your health love, so this really, truly needs to stop.
Finally speaking out here took a lot of guts, and speaking out at school or at home will take even more... but I know you've got it.

If you've just started self-harming love, I really, really urge you to stop now while you still can... simply because that behavior can become really addictive. Think about exactly why you self-harm, what happens before you do it, and how long you feel that way before you're tempted... that may help you understand it better, which can help you stop. HERE <--- is a link that lists some alternatives to self-harm, if you're interested. It may really help <3

That aside, you really don't deserve any of this. Why anyone? People will be unkind. It's awful, but it's true and it's 100% on them. It's on you to stand up because you both love and respect yourself; this doesn't mean sinking to their level, but it does mean taking actions that get yourself out of those situations, whether it be standing up to them, talking to an adult you trust, or even just transferring schools. You deserve to be happy and healthy and to thrive. So I really think it's time.

Take care and be safe.
Go on and click my username to send me a private message if there's anything I can do for you.
Anytime,
-Nev

if i've ever learned anything, it's to be loved.
funny how accepting and allowing that can be so hard,
when loving someone else can be so easy.
the thing is, we accept exactly what we think we deserve,
no matter what that may be.
so i'm thinking it's time to change our mindsets;
if we haven't yet figured out that we deserve the best,
then it's certainly time.
think about it ;]
<3
love,
Nev

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: Every min of every day i feel depressed - March 13th 2010, 04:19 AM

Hey, I just wanted to say I admire you for standing by your morals and not reciprocating the shit you've had to take. Having said that, I know that one can only keep anger (especially righteous anger) bottled up for so long. I encourage you to head this off as soon as possible, and, as others have said, I'd start by talking to a counselor, teacher, or dean. Try to stand up for yourself whenever possible, and certainly try not to doubt your strengths as a person and question your self-worth simply because of the actions and comments of those below you.

High school (I'm assuming) can be tough, but try to make sure your friends are of like mind and sincere. I made the mistake of making "friends" with the type of people you deal with every day, and they sell you out and abandon you for nothing.

Lastly, I urge you not to turn to alcohol for relief. Alcohol abuse WILL cause more pain than it alleviates. I've seen it ruin lives and it nearly ruined my own well before my time. I'm still dealing with the effects, and had I known more before I started drinking, I never would have done most of the stupid things I did. Most people don't realize the damage excessive drinking can do to the brain, especially a brain like yours that is still developing. (end rant)

Send me a PM if you need anything
-James

(#8 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: Every min of every day i feel depressed - March 16th 2010, 06:24 AM

writing it down might help. I know that when i had a similar issue. and didn't want to talk to anyone. i wrote all my thoughts down. it was a way to release everything and it really helped. It helped to put it all behind me. Something would happen and i would write it down and to me it was like moving on, gettting all the feelings out so that i could finally breathe again.
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
lesley Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: completlyalone

Re: Every min of every day i feel depressed - March 16th 2010, 11:44 PM

hi
i have gone through the same thing you have and if you need to talk im here

Closed Thread