TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lil Offline
I'm here
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lil

Unhappy She's getting help.. - March 9th 2010, 05:26 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My bestfriend she has been struggling with horrible depression, self harm, and eating issues for the last 5 years.Ive been helping through it but theres only so much i can do.She finally told an adult whos like a mother to her and there sending her to a facility to get help.
Im so happy for her truly but at the same time im falling deeper into my own depression.We made promise to get help together because neither of us could do it alone, i have similiar problems like her, but that didnt happen.She is going to be 6 hours away from me and im so scared to be alone like that.Just the thinking about,is killing me, i cant function anymore, my grades are slipping horribley.i cant do this alone, everything is getting worse and im so afraid to tell my friend.This is her chance and i would never forgive myself for ruining it.One of us is going to get help finally.When she does leave though i know things are only going to get worse for me,she worries about it to but im lieing to convince her.Im so just aaaaahh....at a lost on what to do.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Cut free since March 6th 2013
Purge free since March 8th 2013

(#2 (permalink)) Old
survivor. :)
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: She's getting help.. - March 9th 2010, 02:23 PM

Hey Lil,

Well done on supporting your friend through this - it shows you are loving, kind and very strong. I admire you for that. Will you be able to maintain any contact with her? If you can, try doing that. It won't be as good as seeing her but it is better than nothing. Could you try visiting her or writing letters?

But, you deserve to get some help as well as your friend. If you feel like you are falling deeper, reach out like you have done here. Is there a doctor, counsellor, friend, teacher, parent - anyone around you that you could talk to that could offer you some support? Given your grades are slipping, has anyone at school noticed this? It could be your way of getting help.

I believe you can do it. You have reached out to us, try to reach out to somewhere else in your life. You deserve it. Everyone on TH is here for you, as and when you need us. Remember that!

Keep fighting,
Take care.
Anna

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: She's getting help.. - March 12th 2010, 12:05 AM

So why not go with her ? You say you have the same problems.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread