TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CANDLEJA- Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Devin

Help, please. - March 12th 2010, 06:47 AM

I know I've been posting a lot lately, and I really don't want to be seen as attention starving, but I need help. I've been feeling extremely suicidal lately. I really hope nobody sees this as a stupid cry out for attention as people sometimes do, I find, when I confide in them about this.
I have one question, why is suicide seen as so wrong? Every person is entitled to their own life. Why is it so frowned upon? I don't find any joy in life anymore. I don't understand why suicide is seen as such a horrible thing, and that scares me too...And the joys I do find are fleeting and leave as soon as they come, and they honest to god don't seem like good enough reasons to stick around, just so I can experience a minute of happiness. I listen to songs and read articles that say there is always something left to live for, and lately I am struggling a lot finding what there is left. I feel this way everyday. I'm sick of crying, I'm sick of depression, I'm sick of feeling numb. Actually, the numbness isn't too bad. I feel it a lot lately, probably more than any other emotion, but the depression kicks in at night. I try to sleep, but I can't stop thinking. I've dreamt of dying.
Guys please, I really need help here. My parents don't want me seeing psychologists and they don't want me on medication, I don't know where else to turn.
I used to cut, but I don't find it helps anymore. It used to, but even cutting has no effect.
I'm scared of life, I'm scared of living, I get scared of socializing, I'm extremely awkward in social situations, I don't know what is going on, and I really need help.
I don't want to get any closer.

__DEVINxLEIGH,
---

"Sometimes I have moments in life,
where I am able to forget for one minute,
exactly how lonely I am.
I live for those moments.
Is that pathetic or brave?"

---

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*alex* Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: alex

Re: Help, please. - March 12th 2010, 04:46 PM

first the reason suicide is look down upon and is seen as bad is cuz your on a HELP site

try some non suport websites is you dont want the ones who frown upon suicide.

if your scared take your time. if you cant go to a therapy try the one at school or an anonamus one (online). as far as parents go well you dont choose them so just wait till you can leagaly leave the house.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CANDLEJA- Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Help, please. - March 12th 2010, 04:54 PM

First of all, I didn't SAY I wanted advice from people who encouraged it, in fact I am looking for people who can give me reasons why it is frowned upon so maybe I will get some hope?
And I realize that this is a support site, I am not stupid, that's kind of the reason I posted this thread so people can help me and not give me smart ass remarks.
And I am graduated so the teacher thing doesn't help. And just because you're legal age to leave doesn't mean you can, it's a tad more complicated than that.

__DEVINxLEIGH,
---

exactly how lonely I am.

---

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Help, please. - March 13th 2010, 02:22 PM

Hey Devin,
Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time lately. The reason suicide is frowned upon is because although it is your life, it affects so many others. Death can break apart families, friendships, and just passes on your feelings to others. I think you should not give up on your parents right away. Talk to them all the time and let them know EXACTLY how you feel. Ask if you can try seeing a therapist for a little while just to see if it helps. Tell them you NEED help because you are thinking about suicide and they definately wouldn't want that. I know it may be scary to let them know about everything, but the more they know, the easier it may be for them to understand. I'm not saying they are all of the sudden going to bring you to therapists, phyciatrists, and put you on medication. I'm just saying maybe if you keep on trying, they'll help you find help. Also, if you can, find something that'll keep you going. Whether it's a baby cousin, friend's puppy, or just to see a smile on someone's face. You're worth it. Remember, you're not alone, we are all here for you. PM me if you ever want to talk. I'm always here.
Stay strong,

Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
CANDLEJA- Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Help, please. - March 13th 2010, 03:34 PM

Alessa, thank you so much =) that actually helped a lot and meant more than you know. I'll try and talk to my parents and I'll stay as strong as I can...I just want things to get better.
Thanks =)

__DEVINxLEIGH,
---

exactly how lonely I am.

---

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Help, please. - March 13th 2010, 03:36 PM

I'm really glad. Keep us updated! I know how hard depression can be to fight but you are stronger than it. Keep on fighting. Things will get better, it just might take some time. PM me anytime.

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
CANDLEJA- Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Help, please. - March 14th 2010, 10:41 PM

Thanks so much =)

__DEVINxLEIGH,
---

exactly how lonely I am.