TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rebecca110109 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rebecca

the hospital called home :( - March 14th 2010, 10:20 AM

i am really upset. during the week i was admitted to the hospital cos i was suicidal. i talked to a psychologist there. after being there for a couple of hours, they let me go. but just before that, they got my numbers to check on me in a day or 2. i asked if they'd call my home and say who they are wand why their calling, and they said they didnt have to. i told them, that i didnt want family to know, to worry or get mad. so he wrote that on the paper and said they would only call my mobile. they next couple of days, they called me twice and i missed the calls. i said to myself i would call back as soon as i could. today they called and i answered. i talked to them.

this weekend my family went away. tonight mum came home and the main home phone with answering machine was flashing in her room. she listened and it was from the hospital asking for me. she came out to me and was all "what the fuck, you went to the hospital, what for?" i just tried to convince her it must have been a wrong number. please help! im angry and scared.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
wateroakgirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: the hospital called home :( - March 14th 2010, 05:39 PM

Of course the decision is up to you.. but maybe telling your parents what you are going through would be a good thing... That way you can get through it together. If it was serious enough that you had to go to the hospital than you should tell someone close to you like your parents or a good friend. It's hard to handle it all alone and keeping things from your parents could be bad if they do find out... Then they will know that you didn't tell them the truth. So my advise would be to tell them so that you have someone you can talk to and you don't have to worry about keeping it a secret from them. Sorry if this doesn't help you at all.

PM if you want to talk,
Wateroakgirl

(#3 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: the hospital called home :( - March 14th 2010, 08:45 PM

Just tell your mom the truth. Honesty is the best policy, she is your family, your mother, so she should know what's going on with you. She will understand.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
UltraViolet Offline
Emotionally Unstable
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lea

Re: the hospital called home :( - March 14th 2010, 09:39 PM

Aww Rebecca, this sounds like a real scary situation and i know how worried you must feel
Do you have a good relationship with you Mother, or anyone else in the family that you can talk to?
Or do they already know some of how your feeling?
If you dont feel that you cant talk to them, remember-you dont have to.
Things like this are confindential, and you dont have to tell them, its not compulsary
But it sounds like it would be better if you could tell them, maybe not in detail but just something like 'I wasnt feeling to good, and felt like i wasnt 'safe' with myself and i needed to talk to someone outside the faimly' ?
Maybe that might work? Obvisouly i dont know what your family is like
But i do know that every family/person is differnt, your the best person you judge this situation.
Good luck Rebecca, this will work itself out.
Remember we're here for you...
xxx

'thanks to you i never trusted...'
- Boy Kill Boy

This depression is a killer...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: the hospital called home :( - March 14th 2010, 10:22 PM

Hey Rebecca,
This certainly sounds like a scary situation at Lea said.
I think though it would be the right decision to tell her about the real reason you were at the hospital. It seems as though your parents would be caring eh? So what would be the harm of telling them?
As I see it, only good can come from this situation if you tell the truth. Maybe your mum and dad will be understanding and try to find you help if you're feeling depressed/suicidal. Or maybe they will help you look for resources that you can use, instead of going to the hospital, or something like such.
As Lea stated, you don't have to tell them, but Rebecca, it's certainly for the best if you do. So please tell them.
I personally don't know what your relationship is like with your family, so if you really don't feel comfortable with talking to them about this, there are other resources you can talk to. There are hotlines, TH, adults you trust, other family member, or even friends. Rebecca, though keep in mind that feeling suicidal is not good, it doesn't make you a bad person either, it just means you need a bit of help. I think you'll be able to gain a lot of help if you open up to your family what you are feeling.
I hope that everything goes well for you. Good luck, and take care of yourself.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
rebecca110109 Offline
Average Joe

Re: the hospital called home :( - March 15th 2010, 12:06 PM

no, you guys dont understand. its no where near that easy. we dont have anything to do with my dad, because he raped, abused and molested my brother, my mum and me. my brother and mum have always taken it out on me and still abuse me, because im the weak one that told on him. i cannot talk to my abusive mother about all this when she is the one making me suicidal

(#7 (permalink)) Old
UltraViolet Offline
Emotionally Unstable
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lea

Re: the hospital called home :( - March 15th 2010, 03:55 PM

If your mum doesnt care and wouldnt want to know then why did she ask?
Do you think that it was just because she wanted to check up on you?
not for your sake but her own?
You are not weak for 'telling' on your father, what he was doing is wrong, as is what your brother and mother are putting you through right now.
all this isnt your fault rebecca, i wish i could help you to see that.
you are a strong person, and that cant see the pain that they are causing you
is it possible for you to talk to anyone else in your family?
or outside of it?
And if your 20, is there anyway to get away from these people that cause you so much pain?
You dont deserve to suffer like this
xxx

'thanks to you i never trusted...'
- Boy Kill Boy

This depression is a killer...

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Life17 Offline
Average Joe

Re: the hospital called home :( - March 15th 2010, 11:38 PM

I think you should tell her the truth lies only make things worst

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: the hospital called home :( - March 16th 2010, 01:26 AM

Again with what Lea suggested, no matter the diction of your mother, she still asked, showing a glipse of the care she has for you. I think you should trust her with the truth. It just might make your relationship with her stronger.
It did for me.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
rebecca110109 Offline
Average Joe

Re: the hospital called home :( - March 16th 2010, 08:20 AM

no, she would have done it, not out of care, but out of selfish reasons

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: the hospital called home :( - March 16th 2010, 10:38 AM

I'm so sorry Rebecca, to hear that this is happening to you. Remember that you always have choices. I think you should tell her, and if the situation isn't turning good, go to a friend's house or another member of your family's house and stay the night there or something. Regardless of what you do, you really should tell her the truth. Then sit down and have a civil talk with her, show her you can stay calm in this circumstance even if she can't. Try to reassure her that everything will be okay. I know I don't really know your family situation, but I do know that you have options.
Please stay strong Rebecca, things will be alright.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
rebecca110109 Offline
Average Joe

Re: the hospital called home :( - March 16th 2010, 11:20 AM

im not going to tell her anything. she is too abusive to ever understand. thanks anyways!

Closed Thread