TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TI@P Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Surprising ? - March 14th 2010, 02:26 PM

My whole life so far has been pain, pain, and again pain. Just when i thought it's over it got worse. Not gonna go into details. But i do not feel depressed all the time. Maybe bored to death by school, but not depressed by the rest of the crap.

Life is overrated, but so is death.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Surprising ? - March 14th 2010, 07:57 PM

Hey there,
Sorry to hear things aren't going well. Maybe if you go into a little more detail we can help a bit better? I know life can be hard sometimes but you are stronger and you can keep going. It's good to hear you aren't depressed. What other things are going on though that have made your life worse? Have been able to reach out for help to someone in your life? When things get overwhelming it's important to reach out and ask for other's to help you. You aren't alone, we are here for you.

Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Surprising ? - March 14th 2010, 08:53 PM

I'm sorry things haven't been going well for you. I understand the intense boredom of School, plus alot of people in School can be brutal, believe me I know. I've gone through it all. Just think ahead of when you graduate and then you can get whatever job you wanted.
If you're bored, why not find a hobby or activity you would enjoy and be able to really get into?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TI@P Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Surprising ? - March 28th 2010, 03:24 PM

The most upsetting thing to me right now is that all those people who call themselves my friends, only want me around so they can feel superior to someone. Or at least that's my impression. And guess why they feel superior. Because they smoke, drink a lot, have a new lover everyday, and i don't. Combined with their mentality that their lover is just a sex toy whom they turn and roll in the bed every night, leads me to the second impression, that they are just some professional jerk-offs.

However, there is a bright side. I do observe myself (and others) all the time, my reactions, my beliefs, etc and how they influence me. One thing i'm very proud of is that when i have panic attacks or lows (on the brink of falling into depression; very odd sensation), i do know i have them and evade them (usually i breathe deeply). Lately they are almost gone. But what's most interesting is that i did not call to a doctor. Instead, i read psychology books. Recently, i did visit a psychologist, and she told me that "treating myself" is quite dangerous because if i fail, i could lose all hope thinking there is no way out.

Life is overrated, but so is death.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Surprising ? - March 28th 2010, 05:07 PM

Well maybe if you don't feel like your friends are really friends, you could try to make some new ones? Ones that don't have bad habbits like that and will make good impressions on you. That's good that you are your own person though and not taking up their habbits. And personally, I don't see what's wrong with what you are doing, but I'm not a doctor. Because to avoid panic attacks, all my therapist does is tell me to breath deeply and think positively! So it's basically like you're just doing that yourself. But when depression comes around, I do think it's important to find others who can help you. That's just my opinion though.

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread