TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
benma Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

help please.... - March 15th 2010, 04:17 AM

I was diagnosed with depression last year, my parents dont know but my friends and my older brothers (aged 23 and 36, im 17) know and have helped me. i just couldnt be bothered and stopped seeing friends and going to school and kept feeling tired and thinking of what life would be like for others if i died... around novemeber last year i started talking to this girl who gave me something to hope for, we did so many things together and have now been going out for 2 months but now i am starting to feel like i did and have started missing school,avoiding people,sleeping terribly, getting angry and irritated easily for nothing,taking my anger out on people and causing damage..,thinking of death and that nobody cares about me .... my girlfriend is the only person who is keeping me going as well as some of my friends. my gf is leaving in a few months as she is only an exchange student here.... im already starting to go down the drain and i dont think i have much to live for, im just fed up with life and feeling crap all the time. those 3 months of lots of highs and not many downs was really good but it didnt last...... what do i do? i just want everything to end...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Re: help please.... - March 15th 2010, 07:21 PM

Hey There :]

Man, I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same a week or so ago - but I managed to pull through and so can you! I think it's great that you have a caring girlfriend, friends and even family that are willing to help you. These people love you - they tried to help you before - let them help you again. Make sure your girlfriend knows exactly how you feel right now - can you guys keep in contact via phone or email, or worst comes to the worst 'snail mail'?

I really advise that you go and talk to your brothers again, or if you feel you have some friends or teachers that you trust. Then talk to them too. All of these people care for you - I'm sure they do :] How would you feel about talking to your parents, although they may find it difficult to believe at first, they will certainly try to help you?!

Maybe, you could ask some friends to organise a guys night out/in, and have a bit of a laugh together, that way you can spend some quality happy time with your friends and take your mind of your girlfriends incoming absence? Also, on that note - be happy that your girlfriend isn't leaving you for real, she obviously loves you and is willinging to carry the relationship on over a distance :]

If you haven't already, then check out these features found on teenhelp...

Depression and Suicide resources : http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-d...ide-resources/
'Who can help me' : http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-d...o-can-help-me/
Reasons to Live: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-d...-reasons-live/
Finally, 'Hold on to Hope': http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-d...hold-hope-new/

Don't forget that there are many people in this world that have felt the same as you and I, and these people are often more than willing to lend a hand and pull us back up out of the water. The courage is asking for help - don't let pride get in the way of that!

And if ever you feel really low, take a look at this - it was suggested to me, by another memeber on here, and it has helped me time and time again : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkCFeNeqyHk

I hope this helped. I understand what your going through. If you ever want to talk then just PM me.

Take Care,
Claire

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: help please.... - March 20th 2010, 04:45 PM

You have to go on with life. I know how bad it can feel just wanting to give up but you should not give up. Don't let yourself be controlled by thoughts that will not do anything. They will only come true if you let them come true. But it is your life and if you don't want to feel bad then don't let yourself be put down by thoughts that are only there to disturb you.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: help please.... - March 20th 2010, 06:36 PM

Hey there Benjamin,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel as though your mood is dropping again - it's not a pleasant feeling at all and it can be quite scary.

I think it's very promising to think that you have felt this way before, Benjamin, and you have got through those negative feelings, coming out feeling positive. I think that it would be a good time to think about what activities and changes in your behaviour and thinking occured when you did feel happier and try and carry on with them - positive thinking is very important, as is carrying on getting out of bed and carrying on with day to day tasks. It is difficult, but there is no doubt you can get throught this - you are very strong.

It's wonderful that you care about your girlfriend so much and she seems to care about you a lot. Just because she is leaving, it doesn't mean that you have to lose all contact with her, Benjamin, with technology, you could still manage to talk to her a lot and keep in good contact with her.

Perhaps talking to someone about how you're feeling right now may be good idea, too. It's good for you to have some extra support.

Take care.

Closed Thread