TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jamesbrookman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Post Depression:This, too, shall pass away! - March 18th 2010, 08:02 AM

Today i came across a very nice post that made me feel a lot better, i hope it will also make you feel a lot happier!It goes like this...

“Long ago a king plagued by many worries, harassed on every side, called his wise men together. He asked them to invent a motto, a few magic words that would help in time of trial or distress. It must be brief enough to be engraved on a ring, he said, so that he could have it always before his eyes. It must be appropriate to every situation, as useful in properity as in adverity. It must be a motto wise and true and endlessly enduring, words by which a man could be guided all his life, in every circumstance, no matter what happened

The wise men thought and thought, and finally came to the king with their magic words. They were words for every change or chance for fortune, declared the wise man...words to fit every situation, good or bad....words to ease the heart and mind in every circumstance. And the words they gave the king to engrave on his ring were:
This,too,shall pass away.

Original source: http://hubpages.com/hub/CounselforallCircumstances

If you like it, please let the author know you like it in the original source and share your comments here.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
snappydog Offline
Whimsical Nocturne
Average Joe

Name: Chris

Re: Depression:This, too, shall pass away! - March 18th 2010, 07:46 PM

That's lovely... I do actually feel a bit happier than before! Thank you for sharing!

It's no surprise that you'll soon forget about me

Closed Thread