TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Anonymity Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Anonymous

I think I may be depressed. - March 20th 2010, 08:45 PM

Not that emo I-hate-everything type of depressed, but actual clinical depression. I just don't seem to care about anything anymore. I'm not doing my school work, I'm being lazy on the job, I don't care whether or not I see my boyfriend. I can't even motivate myself to cook a decent meal. I don't even go to sleep, despite how tired I am, because getting into my bed seems pointless. It's not like I'm never in a good mood, but more and more I find myself apathetic.

There is a history of depression in my family, and I was diagnosed with depression about four years back. I went to therapy a few times, but the psychologist just kept blaming my depression on my sexuality and religious beliefs, which were not the causes. So I'd rather not get into therapy again, and I am 100% against taking drugs. I was just wondering if there was any other way out of this. I wouldn't consider myself "at risk" or anything, so I suppose I could just ride it out like I did last time, but I would prefer not to. Any advice?

and if you should hear the cries and calls
through the thinnest of the walls
don't you get yourself so blue
it's just the sound of me getting over you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: I think I may be depressed. - March 20th 2010, 09:11 PM

Well, from what you have said, I would say that you can try(but don't force yourself) to get interest in somethings and let everything else follow. Go on with life, do what you have to do all the while monitoring your progress. But if you just don't care at all about things, then I suggest also meditation, by this I mean sitting and thinking about your life and the events you have gone through. It may be that there is something behind or not. So some soul searching will go far to help you with that.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I think I may be depressed. - March 21st 2010, 01:29 PM

Hey there,

It's good that you're deciding to try and reach out for what you're suffering with and that you're looking for advice - that's a wonderful step forward!

It is possible that you could have depression and, because you have a history of depression in your family, it is most certainly possible that you do have a predisposition. I think that if you do think that you have depression then it would be a good idea to go back to a therapist about how you're feeling. Even if you didn't get on so well or agree with your last therapist, it might be a good idea to try and get it sorted properly this time with someone else. Sometimes it takes time to find a therapist who you get on well with.

Take care.

Closed Thread