TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
samb3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

So many problems making me feel like nothing - March 20th 2010, 11:41 PM

Ok, first of all. I have a loving family, I have about 10 or so close friends and an amazing girlfriend yet I let the other people, my indentity issues and general issues weigh me down.

My problems.
I think im bi but very few people know this. Although a lot guess I am homosexual. At school i get SEVERE harrassment from people being called gay etc. and i just cannot cope with it. I hate it and I hate myself for it. I am not gay :/ I know I'm feminine I have sisters and no dad so yeah.
Im very quiet and contained because of this. I think people are going to judge me and hate me from the minute they meet me so I remain quiet and contained which prevents alot of people actually getting know me and me getting to know a lot of people.

I dont know what to do?
I cannot handle these assholes making me feel like nothing, I dread going to school because my friends have been put into different classes so I have no back up now. I feel like nothing, It's got to the point where I'm reading to end this all.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Apollo Offline
LiveStrong™
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Apollo

Re: So many problems making me feel like nothing - March 21st 2010, 02:31 AM

Hey.

I want to let you know, that you definitely are not alone. There are a lot of people going through the same thing(s), but you just do not know it. People are judgmental, and it is not fair at all, is it? The best thing I can tell you, is to ignore them, and I know how typical that may sound, but it the only thing you can do. But I think there is a point where you need to stand up for yourself. I know it is easier said than done, but think about it. What are they accomplishing by teasing and ridiculing you? Nothing. And that is why they need to stop. You said you hate yourself for it, and you dread going to school. Nobody should go through that, and I think you should talk to somebody. Does your school have a disciplinarian? I think he/she may be of assistance to you, or even a counselor or principle. But seriously, these kids need to stop being mean to you. Be proud of yourself. You are you, and nobody but you. And being bisexual is okay. There is nothing wrong with it, in my opinion. And just remember, you have plenty of time in your life to figure these things out, so do not rush into a decision about your sexuality. And there is no biological reason to hate other humans because of it, and these bullies are just wasting your time. I think it is because children of your age see being bisexual, gay, etc., as socially unacceptable, which many people do. It is called ignorance.
You seem like an awesome person, so do not let a few people weigh you down.

I know it is hard, but I think you should open up a little, and let some people get to know you.
These feelings you are experiencing, are okay. I just think you need to talk to somebody, like I mentioned before. I think if you went and talked to somebody, like a professional, they can talk you through these feelings you are having, and help you get through them. Things will definitely get better, but you just have to stick around and see. A lot of people care about you, and you already acknowledge that. Just reach out first, and then everything will soon clear up.

If you ever need a friend or somebody to talk to, I am here.

-Apollo.

Always feel free to contact me.
<3 |.YOU ARE LOVED.| <3

.TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY.

You may think the world is better off without you...
The truth:
The world isn't
good enough without you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: So many problems making me feel like nothing - March 21st 2010, 05:57 PM

Hey there,
I completely agree with Apollo, it's important to reach out and tell people what's going on inside your head before things get worse. I know it can be scary, but just letting things out and talking to people can be really helpful. Try not to let these people at school get to you. I know, easier said then done, but their opinions don't matter. Whatever they say should go in one ear and out the other, because they want you to hurt, and you don't want to give them what they want. You are stronger than them and you don't deserve to be put down and have to go through all this. Maybe you can talk to your guidence counselor and see if you can change into some of your friends classses. It's important to make school somewhat enjoyable so you can through the day easier. If that can't happen, find some new people. You can never have too many friends. Yes, some people at your school may not be very nice, but that doesn't mean everyone is the same! I'm sure there are a ton of nice people you just might have to look a little harder. Let me know if you ever need anything, I'm always here.
Hang in there,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread