TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
stevie141 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Steve

It's all my fault, i deserve it . - March 22nd 2010, 07:14 PM

Well thing is i aint been suicidal for over a year but last night me my partner rob, his sis and her baby got started on by a group of chavs an its because they knew we were gay because i told em it was true in an early argument to stand up for us for being gay. Well because of that I've put them all in trouble and really wanna get away by killing my self but i feel to guilty too aswell as too guilty not to punish myself i just dont know what I'm meant to do anymore i feel so alone . . . .
  Send a message via MSN to stevie141  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Re: It's all my fault, i deserve it . - March 22nd 2010, 11:13 PM

Hey Steve,

First off, you have no reason to take responsibility for other people's intolerance and violence. That is their responsibility, not yours, and you certainly shouldn't feel guilty for standing up for yourself and your partner. It may have had an unfortunate consequence, but that is not your fault. Unfortunately some people will find any excuse to start a fight, particularly on the grounds that people are "different". Treat it as a life experience and learn from it.

I would strongly recommend getting in contact with someone like Samaritans to talk through how you're feeling - they're much more qualified in that regard than I am. What I would repeat, however, is that it is NOT your fault, and that you are doing yourself a disservice by blaming yourself for the actions of others. It certainly isn't worth taking what is a very permanent course of action because of a group of drunken idiots - your life is worth more than that.

Out of curiosity, who exactly have you put "in trouble" as a result of this? I'm not being flippant, I'm just trying to clarify things a bit.

Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
stevie141 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Steve

Re: It's all my fault, i deserve it . - March 24th 2010, 12:29 AM

Don't worry i've calmed down a lil now n im seeing someone at at mental hospital soon. Been like this for last 7 years. And yeah it was mi partner his sister and her daugter whos 1 ...
  Send a message via MSN to stevie141  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Re: It's all my fault, i deserve it . - March 24th 2010, 10:22 PM

I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit calmer about things. I realise it must have been a very distressing situation, but as I said before it was not your fault. I hope the person you're seeing is able to help you work through things - in the meantime, take it easy and look after yourself.

Closed Thread