TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#81 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 6th 2010, 01:43 AM

Saria,

Sometimes you can't go back, but that doesn't mean you can't go forward.

They say adversity brings out the true person. I think, for you, this adversity is bringing out the good - good things like self-control and selflessness and love for your brothers. You definitely deserve much more for yourself, but I can admire the self-control and selflessness and love that you have.

When my ideas about life are broken, the new ideas I make to take their place are always better.

Perhaps you haven't gotten to the stage yet, where you are creating new ideas to take the place of old ones that are broken. But if you keep working on it, you will - and those ideas will be so much better than what you have now, that you will become far stronger than you can imagine.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

(#82 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Name: Saria

Re: Please help someone - April 7th 2010, 09:18 PM

This is getting too hard to handle!!! I keep going through phases of wanting to get help from the people around me and then I decide that I don't because it won't help and I should just commit suicide so I don't have to handle everything.I am so confused about everything and I just want to disappear so much.

"Feeling Change - Memories Don't"
"Enjoy the Moment and don't let it end"
"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."
"He comforts us when we are in trouble, so that we can share that same comfort with others in trouble." 2 Corinthians 1:4
PM me anytime
Tumblr
http://1000reasonstosmile.tumblr.com/

(#83 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 7th 2010, 10:43 PM

Awwwww!!!!

I know, honey! I know its hard.

Most hard things look hopeless at first, but if you just get the right information together, you will see that you can build a plan that you can be confident about.

And sometimes its just good to let it all out and cry. Maybe this is one of those times where you just have to let it all out. You can cry to me in PM if you want to or on the board - its your choice.

Other times it is good to get some relaxation, take a break from the problem, disappear to the library for a while or something. (That is what I always used to do when I was tired of being around my horrible parents.)

I really want you to be happy Saria.

*HUGS!!!!!*

(#84 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 7th 2010, 11:01 PM

*HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG*

(#85 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 7th 2010, 11:01 PM

*HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* *HUG* !!!!!!!

(#86 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Please help someone - April 8th 2010, 12:14 AM

No matter how much you just want everything to go away, killing yourself isn't the right answer. And I think you know that too. It wouldn't solve any problems and your entire family would be hearbroken. So would we Saria! We care about you a lot so when you go through those times of wanting to reach out, do it! Don't wait for the phase to go away. You'd be surprised how helpful it is having people on your side to help you through this. And you won't know unless you try. Plus, there is no downside to reaching out. Yes, it's hard, but you can do it and it'll make you feel better having people to help you out. Hang in there!

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#87 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 8th 2010, 05:43 AM

Saria,

You have a unique opportunity here. Because this situation is of life or death importance to you, you have the opportunity to be more determined than most could possibly imagine. When one goal becomes more important to you than anything in the world, including even your own life, you can become capable of accomplishing incredible things.

Suicidal feelings can cause people to waste away. They can also show you that you do have the courage to face your worst fears - and then, when you know you aren't afraid of death, you realize you're not afraid of life either.

This intensity can give you the power to go after the most important things in life.

(#88 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Please help someone - April 8th 2010, 10:50 AM

I just feel so confused about what I want and can't function properly. Everything is just too difficult to handle and I feel as though this is the time to give up!

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."
"He comforts us when we are in trouble, so that we can share that same comfort with others in trouble." 2 Corinthians 1:4
PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#89 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 8th 2010, 12:56 PM

Saria,

"I just feel so confused about what I want and can't function properly."

I know. You are so upset, the chemicals in your brain are probably totally wacked. Its no wonder you can't function - you are too upset!

"Everything is just too difficult to handle and I feel as though this is the time to give up!"

I know, honey. I think you are severely depressed. When the brain is too overwhelmed by circumstances, it is flooded with the wrong neurotransmitters. When one is depressed, its like the brain is on lock down. It doesn't think right anymore. It can't see a way out. Your brain is stuck. You have to get it unstuck.

Don't believe your brain! There is no way to prove anything is impossible!

I know this sounds silly, but chocolate is excellent for putting more of the chemicals into your brain that are needed for a depressed person to be functional.

If you want it to be simple just eat a whole bunch of chocolate.
If you want something more fancy, I sent you a recipe for getting your brain making serotonin, and I'll send it again:

1. Do not eat this with protein - you may want to wait until it is between meals.
2. Eat chocolate or a banana or tryptophan.
3. Take a vitamin B complex or a multivitamin with B in it, or leafy greens, especially spinach or kale.
4. Have sweet fruit juice or any sweet fruit.
5. Drink water (whatever is a comfortable amount for you) every 15 minutes until you have had three or four glasses - or until you feel the effect.

That recipe (or just plain chocolate) should help you feel better. To get your brain working normally, you might need something stronger, so please consider getting some anti-depressants at the doctor. You can get free samples - just look for a doctor who has a free initial appointment, tell them you are depressed and would like to trial some anti-deps.

But don't believe your brain! It is a trick! Your brain is just out of the chemicals it needs to function!

(#90 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 8th 2010, 12:58 PM

*HUG!!!*

Good luck today.

(#91 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Please help someone - April 8th 2010, 11:22 PM

It's okay to feel confused about what to do. But it's never the time to give up. Saria, if you want to feel better, you need to reach out. I think at this point, it's too much to handle alone and you should really reach out to someone in your life so they can help you. If they don't know what's going on, they won't be able to help you.

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#92 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Please help someone - April 9th 2010, 01:33 AM

I know that if I want this to go away I have to reach out. I know that know even though I still feel so confused. I have reached out and I do have people in my life that know what I go through and are there to support me. It's just that at this particular point in time I don't have anyway of coming into contact with them and I really need their support but because their not here I have to go through this alone.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#93 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 9th 2010, 12:08 PM

Saria,

There may be ways to contact them. Want to start trying some of the suggestions I listed?

(#94 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Please help someone - April 9th 2010, 09:46 PM

I just can't bring myself to contact them. I'm too scared of how they will react! I just want this to be over.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#95 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 9th 2010, 10:28 PM

Saria,

Aww!

*HUGS!!!*

I would be glad to help with that. I know it feels like there are no answers to solving the things you are afraid of. Sometimes when it feels like there is no answer, all you need is to ask someone with more experience or knowledge or more expertise or gather more information and you find out there is a solution.

If you tell me these fears I will see if there is anything that I can do. Sometimes it's as simple finding a person that knows a trick, sometimes one has to find a person who is able to come up with a different path of action to take and sometimes specific fears are unfounded but you'd never know until you've found a person that has seen it work.

I would be happy to help do any of those things.

I'm sure other friends or message board posters would be happy to help you, too.

Would you like to talk about your fears?

Last edited by loves_to_help; April 9th 2010 at 10:37 PM.

(#96 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Please help someone - April 10th 2010, 01:03 AM

I just don't know I feel as though if I can't do anything for myself no one can do anything for me. Everyone says if you want to be helped you have to help yourself first so since I can't do that I should just give up. I'm not getting anywhere by doing what I'm doing now so there is no point in staying around living

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#97 (permalink)) Old
lovestruck Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: kristen

Re: Please help someone - April 10th 2010, 02:10 AM

hey saria i know how yu feel
and if you need someone to listen PM me

(#98 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 10th 2010, 03:44 AM

Saria,

The saying "You have to help yourself first" has some truth to it, but so do sayings like "No one is an island" or "You need to know when to ask for help."

I think there's a delicate balance. A lot of people don't know where the line is when it comes to what one needs to do themselves and what one needs other people to do. Often when people say "Go help yourself" it is just because they don't understand your problem. They think they gave you a great answer, but you know that there is still some other obstacle left that is unresolved - so you can't just take their answer and go fix everything. You need someone who will stick with you and solve all the unresolved obstacles. I will do that because I understand how hard this is. I understand how it is to be given a solution to a problem and find a problem with the solution... and need more solutions.

I'm a programmer, so you really cannot overwhelm me with complication. I've had a very hard life, so you can't give me so many obstacles that I will think your problem is impossible.

If my answers don't resolve all the obstacles and you don't feel comfortable following through with my ideas, I will talk to you about all the obstacles you present me with until I've figured out all of them. I am willing to go through the complication and actually help you.

I am never going to tell you to do this by yourself. I understand that you need help. I will give you my help!

All that you need to do is keep telling me which obstacles to solve.

I just friended you to show the world that I mean it!

Last edited by loves_to_help; April 10th 2010 at 04:02 AM.

(#99 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Please help someone - April 10th 2010, 04:11 AM

Thanks, I am just too scared to try anymore.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#100 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 10th 2010, 04:26 AM

Saria,

I know how it is to be scared of everything.

*HUGS!!!!*
*HUGS!!!!*
*HUGS!!!!*
*HUGS!!!!*
*HUGS!!!!*

AND MORE HUGS!!!!

You can talk to me. You have an open invitation to tell me about your fears. PM them if you think it would help you feel better if someone would understand them.

(#101 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 10th 2010, 04:27 AM

I am sorry honey that everything is so scary right now!

HUG!!!

(#102 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Please help someone - April 10th 2010, 07:40 AM

i know that everything seems very hard now. but just remember that everything can, and will get better... ( i have been in situations in which i doubt myself a lot.. too ) but apparently the will and hope not to give up will help out a lot.

stay strong and remember we're all around to help.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#103 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Please help someone - April 10th 2010, 12:18 PM

I really can't do this. I just can't. I'm so sorry but I can't go on.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#104 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Please help someone - April 10th 2010, 02:16 PM

you have to. and i know that when you put your mind into something.. you can definitely overcome anything and everything you face. give that a try

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#105 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Please help someone - April 11th 2010, 02:12 AM

I can't do this. So I'm no going to do this anymore. Sorry...

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#106 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 11th 2010, 02:21 AM

Darren,

I think what Saria needs right now is for people to be understanding about how exasperated she is lately and carry a piece of her burden.

There's no way she's going to do this all by herself. We have to help her.

(#107 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Please help someone - April 11th 2010, 02:26 AM

I think that no matter how much help people give me I'm not going to get through this so that's why I'm giving up and not getting any more help or talking to anymore people.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#108 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 11th 2010, 02:34 AM

Don't stop talking to me. I LIKE to talk to you!

I will miss you if you do that.

(#109 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Please help someone - April 11th 2010, 02:38 AM

I'll talk to you but I'm not talking to anyone in my 'real' life no matter how much they want me to or how much they care about me and want to help me.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#110 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 11th 2010, 02:49 AM

Okay. I can understand why you won't talk to people in real life. That hasn't worked so well for you before. I don't blame you.

I will keep working on a plan for you anonymously on the internet. Only when the plan looks good enough to you will I ask you if you want to put it into real life.

(#111 (permalink)) Old
Andrew Levine Offline
XxAndrewxX
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Andrew Levine

Re: Please help someone - April 11th 2010, 07:48 AM

I know how you feel,really. I'm depressed right now and I think of suicide nearly everyday. you can talk to me if you want. but I've tried talking to people and it never helped me.

(#112 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: Please help someone - April 14th 2010, 12:09 PM

I CAN'T do this. I'm sorry.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#113 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 14th 2010, 12:27 PM

What about this is hard right now?

(#114 (permalink)) Old
Don't give up, turn to JESUS!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: suniesha

Re: Please help someone - April 14th 2010, 10:01 PM

Just hold on!! People here want to help and listen.. Please don't do anything!! Don't hurt yourself, don't even think about it if it makes it worse.. Write it out, curl up on the couch and watch a comedy with no blood or self-harm... Anything to take your mind off of it in a good way..

2nd cor. 5:13
GREAT HOPE COMES FROM FAITH IN GOD!!!!

(#115 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 14th 2010, 10:41 PM

I agree. It might be a good time to take a break from thinking about this. You could stay late at school or hide in a library. You need rest.

If you still want to talk, I'll listen!

(#116 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Please help someone - April 16th 2010, 11:35 AM

i've been thinking.. you need to make drastic efforts.. if you really will yourself to overcome something, you CAN overcome it.

just some words of wisdom i'm going to share... remember that we are all in this together.

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#117 (permalink)) Old
loves_to_help Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Please help someone - April 19th 2010, 02:20 AM

How are you Saria?

Closed Thread