TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MermaidMassacre Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Anyone else like this? - March 28th 2010, 06:38 PM

First off feel free to move this. I was thinking for ten minutes which forum to put it in! Depression? Self harm? Self expression?
I don't know. Either way feel free to move this. =)

Okay first off. I've only tried self harm a few times, but really I fail at it. Who knew that was possible? I try to cut, but can never really cut. And just yeah.

So instead I draw it out? It's weird like in school if i'm stressed out and want to cut or have suicidal thoughts I draw it out. I literally draw razors and blood and cutting. Or like people dying for cutting.
I know it's not good, and if anyone saw it they would be concerned.
Well I do have them on facebook, most people just find them deep etc.The point it. How some people listen to songs during certain moods.
I draw out my feelings in details with lyrics?
It makes me feel better, like for most people if they've actually cut.
Does anyone else do this?

I know most people tell me it's a healthier way of expressing myself instead of actually going suicidal or self harming.
But is it still a cause for concern?

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
  Send a message via AIM to MermaidMassacre Send a message via MSN to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Yahoo to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Skype™ to MermaidMassacre 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Katie

Re: Anyone else like this? - March 28th 2010, 07:13 PM

Hey,

I think it is like the way a lot of people write things out, like I do. It's like I talk to someone when I write it out and I can say that I want to die or that kind of thing. I think it make us feel safe to have some places or something to express the pain. But yes, i think it might be a bit concerning because at first, i was like you. I wrote amd wrote and wrote it all out. I wrote a lot, and at one point i got into SH, when I felt like i reached the point writing could not help me anymore.
Anyway, it doesn't mean you will have to end up with SH. If you feel like it gets really bad, then find someone to talk.
I may sound hypocritical, though, because I myself SH, and I don't want to stop too,but it is the best thing you can do if you don't want to start SH.
i still keep writing, and i think it helps me the same way you draw things out. Art and words are good friends...

These walls that I can't break down...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Squid

Re: Anyone else like this? - March 28th 2010, 07:16 PM

I do all of those things, but I haven't self harmed in 2 months because of.. Nevermind. Anyway, I draw and write a lot of death instead. But that's not the cause for concern, people will just ask whether you're happy or not, and get concerned, ok i'm not sure what i'm saying. I hope you understand more than I do..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: Anyone else like this? - March 28th 2010, 07:18 PM

huh, i thought i was like the only person who did this lol i use to draw it that kind of stuff out, like instead of cutting, i'd draw blades and blood and stuff like that. then i realized i'm a very sucky drawer, so now i write it out(i'm a much better poet than drawer). though i do still draw it out sometimes(the drawings just never look that good heh), some of my drawings i put up on facebook and people did the same as yours, just find em deep and stuff.

honestly, as long as you are not cutting and drawing instead, i think you're okay. but i would defiantly talk to someone about why you're feeling this way etc.

~Brookie/Brooke

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
ladyninetyfour Offline
<3 Utterly Invincible <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Bex

Re: Anyone else like this? - March 30th 2010, 05:29 PM

I think it's better to do this than actually harming yourself, its a creative outlet not a destructive one, I paint and draw and write songs and poems, and sometimes theyre a bit disturbing but everyone I know thinks its great cuz it means that you've used a different method to getting your feelings out, one that doesnt involve blood or scars or pain x

Where there's love, there's hope
You cannot destroy me!
xoxox PunkRoxS9 xoxox

Last SH: 03/08/09
  Send a message via MSN to ladyninetyfour  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Lu82 Offline
HI EVERYONE!
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Anyone else like this? - March 31st 2010, 12:27 AM

I usually write everything down from what im feeling and how i wish it would be over etc. etc.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Glamzo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Anyone else like this? - March 31st 2010, 06:50 AM

Instead of cutting myself I started to write quotes and sayings all over my arms and hands and legs. I also started to write things on money. I liked the idea of anonymity while still expressing myself publicly. I hoped that someone would find something I said helpful or be able to connect with it in some way.

I don't do that any more. I'm kind of sad that it has lost so much importance in my life, it was really fun doing it. I just don't feel like doing it anymore.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Anyone else like this? - March 31st 2010, 07:37 AM

I don't do that, and don't know anyone who does, but it doesn't seem harmful to me. It's just like writing about it, or listening to music about it, or other things like that which people do instead of actually cutting.
Take care.
xx

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread