TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shattered Angel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lino

I don't know why... - March 29th 2010, 02:40 AM

I don't know why I've been so (randomly) depressed recently. It's sort of a boredom/sadness/guilt mix, with no real reason. I have all the reasons to be happy.
-high, straight A's in school
-a student body accepting of my behaviours/opinions/ect.
-friends that care for me
-many forms of entertainment
-widely noticed talents and skills
And of course the list goes on. I have no clue why I feel this crappy. Can somebody help me find the cause?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: I don't know why... - March 29th 2010, 03:26 AM

Hey Lino,

first off, welcome to TH!
It's okay to feel this way, I hope you know this and it's not uncomon for people who seem to have everything to make them happy to feel this way, it's the way everyone is.
You might not know the reasons why right now, there could be many reasons, why you feel this way.
You could have lots of things from your past that have piled up and you are finally realizing the emotional effects of those things.
There are many other reasons.
You should try talking to someone around you, an adult you can trust, for example, a teacher, school counselor, a friend, or anyone that will be able to listen to you and support you.
This feeling you are having won't last forever, you just need to find out what's causing it and then deal with the cause in some way or ways.
I hope i have been of some help to you,
If you ever need anything, PM me,
I'm glad to help.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: I don't know why... - March 30th 2010, 04:42 AM

Hey welcome to teen help.
Depression is not just something that comes with people who have had problems. Depression can hit anyone. You should tell a parent or teacher about this and then you and them can discuss options for you
PM me anytime
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: I don't know why... - April 1st 2010, 11:32 PM

The above poster said truth. Sometimes depression just hits and you just have to go through that phase and be patient for it to pass all the while going on with your life.

But sometimes there is a reason. So to add in to the help, think about your life or about the time the depression started, did something happen that you didn't like ?

Start off with this first and then if there is nothing coming to mind, give it some time to fade but remember to be patient and go on with life.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I don't know why... - April 1st 2010, 11:37 PM

Perhaps you're just bored with the way things seem to be going, just nothing exciting or new happening. Try to get out more, hang out with friends more and go to new places or do new things, try and occupy yourself from being bored so that way when your mind is too occupied then there's no way boredom and depression can conjure up your mind.

Closed Thread