TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
heythere Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kay

Lost the will to live - April 6th 2010, 12:39 AM

I just want to die.

I dont want to live anymore. I dont want to try this. It hurts to much. I want to end it. I want to cut. I want to bleed. I want to hurt.

I've blocked all my emotions out and now im just numb. I havent cried in over a year havnt really felt anything in the past couple of months.

Save me?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pup Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tiffany

Re: Lost the will to live - April 6th 2010, 01:51 AM

I'm going to tell you something: Suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem.

Suicide isn't worth it. It doesn't matter how lonely or hurt you are, feelings are always temporary. 5 years ago or so I would have told you that I felt the same, but since then I've been through so many experiences, both wonderful and awful, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Life hurts, everybody hurts sometimes. But everybody smiles and has good days as well. If you need somebody to talk through the bad times please feel free to PM or even IM me on MSN/yahoo. My email is the same for both, gir_licious@hotmail.com
  Send a message via MSN to Pup  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Lost the will to live - April 6th 2010, 02:10 AM

Hello Kay,
I too have experienced these same numb feelings due to dehumanizing mental trauma that I have gone through which had made me severely depressed and gave me suicidal thoughts. But for me the feelings went away when things started to turn around for me a few months later.

Would you be willing to talk about what happened to you and what is causing you to feel this way? That way we would help us determine how we could best advise you. But death is not, nor will it ever be, the answer.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Re: Lost the will to live - April 6th 2010, 12:41 PM

My mom always said to me... if ever you think of ending it, when you think all is lost, remember that there is always a tomorrow... you never know when your life is going to turn around honey... tomorrow everything could be different. You don't want to throw your life away and miss the joy that you may feel someday... just keep striving, and look for the good. Look and you will find it. Hope this helped.

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
  Send a message via AIM to darkinnocenteyes Send a message via Skype™ to darkinnocenteyes 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Lost the will to live - April 8th 2010, 09:06 AM

Hi Kay.

You say you want to die, but you also asked us to save you. That shows that although you feel like you may want to die, you also - and more strongly - want to be saved, which means you haven't lost all hope. You know there's something better, and you know (or at least I hope you do) that you deserve better.

You can get through this, but don't think you need to do it alone. Can you talk to friends or relatives about this? They can be great sources of support and advice. Also, check out the links in my signature, and see if they help.

Remember, thoughts don't need to lead to actions. Just because you're thinking about killing yourself, it doesn't mean you have to.

Take care.
xx

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Lotus Eater Offline
You are not alone.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Lost the will to live - April 8th 2010, 02:44 PM

I have felt this way many a time but, when I look back, I am always glad that I held on. Sure, we make mistakes and things don't always go according to plan. But I have learnt from every one of my mistakes. It's hard to see reason sometimes, but you have to find the will. I know that it's not easy but there are people who care about you and would do anything to support you. Don't feel that you're alone.

You don't have to do this alone. There is always a way out.

Talking can help. I know it's hard to talk sometimes, but once you get past that stage you will find that there are many benefits that come with talking things through with someone who cares about you.

Always here if you need someone to talk to.

You have me.
Until every last star in the galaxy dies.
You have me.

- Amie Kaufman

NEED TO VENT? CLICK HERE.
Never forget, you are not alone. ♥

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Nina Twin Offline
So It Goes
Average Joe

Name: Marlie Elizabeth

Re: Lost the will to live - April 11th 2010, 07:15 AM

The thing to remember in times like this is that things always have a way of working out in the end. I know you can only see what's happening to you now at this point in time, but you have to think of the future. Time always continues and you are more than capable of continuing, too - of moving forward.

You and I both know that you don't deserve to die. In fact, everybody that knows who you are would be able to see this - you deserve to live well, to live long and happily, and it's definitely possible. Tomorrow will always come, and I promise you that things will turn around. Give yourself time; take the time to respect yourself and love yourself like you deserve because there is ALWAYS hope. And I am confident that you know there is hope, too, or else you wouldn't be on this site asking for our help.

Please, talk to someone about your troubles. Private message me or any other staff member and let us know what's going on. We're more than willing to help you out in any way that we can and we'd be more than happy to be a friend to you.

Don't ever let go of who you are and your potential. You are strong and you are powerful - you don't have to be a victim of your circumstance. You WILL come out on top of this as a stronger person than you could have ever imagined you'd become. Never underestimate yourself.

"Life should not be measured by how far we can fall, but how high we can climb."

Send a message via MSN to Nina Twin  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Re: Lost the will to live - April 11th 2010, 07:37 AM

Kay,
I'll save you.
I'll try to keep you from those tough times, through that numb feeling and help you become one again.
It feels like the end for all if us, but there's always someone, somewhere out there willing to help you live.
and even though it may seem like there's no way out,
there is, but not through bleeding or dieing,
it's through love and care.
I'm offering you a way out.
Go and cry your heart out,
go scream outside if it makes you feel better.
Dip yourself in icy water,
PM me.
do whatever it takes 'cause there's a way.
A way for everything.
A way for completion.

I hope that helps.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

Closed Thread